Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
2012 Kraszna-Krausz Book Awards - The Best Photography Book and Best Moving Image Book shortlists have been announced.
The photography books which have made the Best Photography Book Award shortlist are:
- Blind, Sophie Calle (Actes Sud)
- Brush and Shutter: Early Photography in China, Jeff Cody, Frances Terpak et al. (Getty Publications)
- Fred Herzog: Photographs, Fred Herzog (Douglas & McIntyre)
- Carleton Watkins: The Complete Mammoth Photographs, Weston Naef and Christine Hult-Lewis (Getty Publications)
- Redheaded Peckerwood, Christian Patterson (Michael Mack)
- Pretty: Film and the Decorative Image, Rosalind Galt (Columbia University Press)
- Setting the Scene: The Art and Evolution of Animation Layout, Fraser Maclean (Abrams & Chronicle Books)
- Concentrationary Cinema: Aesthetics as Political Resistance in Alain Resnais' Night and Fog, Max Silverman and Griselda Pollock (Berghahn Books)
On the same night, an Outstanding Contribution to Publishing Award will be presented to UK publisher Dewi Lewis. The inaugural National Media Museum First Book Award, in partnership with MACK, will also be presented by the Foundation.
An exhibition of the most highly recommended books from each award, curated by the judging panels, will be on display at Somerset House for the duration of the World Photography Festival and Exhibition from 27 April to 20 May 2012.
Visit the Kraszna-Krausz Foundation Website for more information.