A personalised photo mug makes a great gift. Here's some tips on what types of shots work well.
– A panoramic photo will work really well on a mug because it is long enough to fully cover the mug from one side of the handle to the other. Why not take a photo of a favourite view or place?
Two images back to back
– If you have two images that work well together, perhaps a picture of the person the mug is for and a picture of a favourite item or place, why not put one on either side of the mug? You can either leave a small neat border line, or merge the two together in the middle.
– Adding a name or a special message to the mug is always a nice touch. Why not have a picture on half the mug and some wording on the other side?
– Portraits of the family work well on mugs, again because the image can wrap around the mug nicely.
– If the mug is a gift from someone who loves drawing, sketching or painting, then why not scan one of their works into the computer so you can use it on the mug you're creating for them.
If you're looking to make a personalised mug, Smugmug provide an easy and efficient service. Take a look here.