Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Sneak preview of ACDSee Pro 4 - Public beta testing begins Fall 2010 on the next generation of ACDSee Pro software and also features improved processing and viewing capabilities.
Following the successful redesign of the ACDSee professional photography workflow software last year, ACD Systems International Inc. sets its sights on expanding the application’s fast and flexible capabilities even further with the launch of the beta test version of ACDSee Pro 4 this fall.
The company expects thousands of professional photographers to participate in the ACDSee Pro 4 beta period and provide feedback in the development process, similar to the 10,000 testers who helped shape the current version.
“The top themes we continuously hear from our users during beta tests revolve around saving time and customizing workflow, so those will again be top priorities for Pro 4,” said Cam Carmichael, product manager for ACD Systems. “Beta testing is the best way to gather feedback to make sure we are continuing to deliver on our promise of a fast and flexible workflow tool at a tremendous value.” When ACDSee Pro 4 beta testing opens this fall, photographers will be invited to evaluate these new features:
Workflow-Accelerating Metadata Tools
- Metadata Working Group compliance.
- New, workflow-accelerating tools for viewing and managing metadata.
- Greater interoperability of metadata.
- New map view available in both Manage and View mode.
- Map view enables users to easily geotag items, view items on the map, use the map to select groups of files for further workflow steps and use the map to select images for display in View mode.
- Improved performance and quality of RAW processing
- Wider color space for best possible color preservation.
- Improved performance and usability enhancements.
- Vignette correction.
- Chromatic aberration correction and defringing.