Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Pricing And Availability - Adobe unveils a fast, feature-packed Photoshop CS6 and CS6 Extended.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended will be available within 30 days with an estimated street price of £556 (ex. VAT) for Photoshop CS6 and £794 (ex. VAT) for Photoshop CS6 Extended.
Photoshop CS6 features include:
- Content-Aware Patch – Allows greater control by letting users choose the sample area used to create a patch.
- Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine – Takes advantage of the graphics processing unit in modern hardware to speed up imaging and editing tasks, and process large images faster.
- New and Re-engineered Design Tools – Type styles enable consistent formatting; vector layers apply strokes and add gradients to vector objects; custom strokes and dashed lines are easily created; quick layers search and more.
- Intuitive Video Creation – The full range of familiar Photoshop tools and an intuitive set of new video tools to create and enhance any video clip.
- Blur Gallery – A simple new interface with on-image and in-context controls allows users to quickly create photographic blur effects including tilt-shift effects, blur everything with one focal point, or vary the blurriness between multiple focal points.
As well as the above, the Extended version includes:
- Mercury Graphics Engine for 3D – Increased power and speed via engine optimised for 3D imaging.
- New 3D Controls – UI improvements for more efficient 3D workflows.
- New 3D Effects – Reflections and “drag-able” shadows to enhance images.
Adobe Creative Cloud highlights:
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work - seamlessly synchronising and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is £38.11 ex VAT per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of £22.23 ex VAT per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
- Adobe Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s line of creative touch tools with CS6 desktop applications.
- Creative Cloud publishing services will include the ability to easily publish apps, magazines and catalogues to iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
- Creative Cloud members will receive ongoing updates to Creative Suite applications as well as other new products and services as they emerge.
Visit Adobe for more information.