Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Beta 4.1 released - Photoshop Lightroom beta 4.1 was posted on today in order to resolve some issues with the original beta 4 build.
To download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Beta 4.1, please visit the Adobe Labs website
The following bugs have been fixed in Beta 4.1:
- There was an issue where a user could not edit a metadata field after editing it for another picture which has been fixed.
- The preview cache was using wrong relative path.
- There were a couple fixes in the database update feature, fixing a few situations where the database would not update properly. Also, upgraded libraries would not always allow images to be moved between shoots.
- There was an problem selecting an existing folder for web galleries. The web gallery would move all images previously in the folder to the trash silently. This has been fixed. All contents of directory where a web gallery is saved are sent to the trash with no warning. Also in web, large exported galleries will now have all the images expected.
- The app had a couple unexpected failures cancelling dialogues. Selecting cancel on the Enter Password dialogue now reliably works, as does selecting cancel in Page Setup.
- The shoot selection should no longer change unexpectedly.
- The "Additional External Editor" preference and the "Edit in Photoshop" preference are now separate.
- If you had mixed managed photos and by reference files, the paths of by reference files would be changed when changing the location of the managed folder.
- Images exported with Constrain Pixels would produce the wrong result for portrait-oriented images .
- There are some changes in the relationship between Luminance and Saturation.
- Libraries are not interchangeable between Mac and Windows in this release.
- The Photoshop Lightroom Preview Cache mechanism has been changed and will need to be rebuilt. This means your B3 preview caches will be removed. Previews will be built in the background and as needed. To force the buildout of all previews, select Render Standard Previews or Render 1:1 Previews under the Library menu in the Library module.
- Photoshop Lightroom doesn’t respect keyboard language on Windows. All keyboards are seen as English-based.
- Photoshop Lightroom crashes when libraries are created at the root of any drive.
- The application’s 1024x768 mode is not
optimized. It is recommended to run with one panel hidden when in this
screen mode for now.
- Duplicate files are not always detected on import.
- The new Photoshop Lightroom command, Import Photos from Photo Binder, will silently ignore duplicate files. If a file is already in the Library, Photoshop Lightroom will not import it or its metadata. There is no UI in place currently to indicate a duplicate import has occurred.
- As Imports get larger, they can get very slow.
- It is not possible to select multiple folders for Import on Windows.
- The Photoshop Lightroom Managed Photos folder cannot be
moved from one volume to another on Windows.
- Photoshop Lightroom can have problems erasing CD-RW disks it writes out.
- Photoshop Lightroom won’t write IPTC data
into the XMP block of a DNG file on export.
- When photos are copied or moved into the Photoshop Lightroom Managed Photos directory on import, they will be moved around as they are moved from one shoot to another (and changing those shoot names will change the names of the corresponding managed folder). Note that currently there isn't any indication whether a photo/shoot is managed, and it is possible to mix managed and unmanaged items.
- If you move the managed photos folder, any preferences you've changed during the app session may be lost on Windows. We recommend quitting the app before changing the managed photos folder.
- Renaming two independent photo files so that they have
the same base name (ie. File.CRW and File.JPG) will cause them to
become related to each other, and the JPEG will be treated as a sidecar
to the raw image when renaming again.
- The Photoshop Lightroom Slideshow playback experience is best when using the current version of Adobe Reader.
- To access autoplay in Adobe Reader, it is necessary to
check the full screen checkbox in the Slideshow export dialogue.
- New Photoshop Lightroom Web templates will not always have a preview in the preset browser.
- Templates created in previous Photoshop Lightroom beta releases will not work in beta 4. Please recreate your templates in beta 4.
- The size of the Photoshop Lightroom HTML gallery preview image is limited by the size of the chosen grid. To enable larger image sizes, use the Grid control to select the maximum number of rows and columns.
- If the Adobe Flash gallery becomes unresponsive, switch to an HTML gallery and then select the flash preset.
- Web does not write most metadata into the JPEG files it