Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED lens introduced -
This new lens was developed as a high-power zoom lens well-suited for both Film-SLR and Digital-SLR photographers who shoot in a broad range of situations.
Compact and lightweight, the AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED is a standard 3.5x zoom lens with focal length starting at 24mm for greater covering power, which also incorporates Nikons exclusive built-in SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, quiet autofocus operation.
The lens also features ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and aspherical lens elements in a new optical design for minimized chromatic aberration and superior overall optical performance. The rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
Note: G-type AF-S Nikkor lens is fully compatible with the F5, F100, F80, F65, D1-series and D100 cameras.
AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED Major Features
- 24-85mm G-type standard zoom lens (no aperture ring); 36-127.5mm equivalent with D1-series and D100 digital SLR
- Nikons exclusive SWM for swift autofocusing with high accuracy and super-quiet operation
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration, while providing higher resolution and superior contrast
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- M/A mode enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus, even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction, while minimizing ghost and flare
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance
- Flower-shaped Lens Hood HB-28 (provided) effectively minimizes stray light
- New stylish design
AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED Specifications
|Focal length||24mm to 85mm|
|Lens construction||15 elements in 12 groups|
|Picture angle||84 -2830 (61-1850 with D1-series and D100 digital SLR)|
|Focus distance||0.38m to infinity|
|Max. reproduction ratio||1/4.7|
|Aperture||f/3.5 to f/22(24mm)|
|Dimensions||Approx. 73mm dia. x 72.5mm (2.9 in. dia x 2.9 in.)|
|Weight||Approx. 415g (14.3 oz.)|
Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.