Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
This new lens was developed as a standard zoom lens offering enhanced telephoto capabilities. The lens affords a greater degree of operational simplicity for Nikon users -- even first-time SLR users who want to be able to easily take high-quality pictures.
The AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-100mm f/3.5-5.6G is a compact, lightweight standard zoom lens featuring Nikons world-class optics, one aspherical lens element, high-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating, and a rounded diaphragm opening that makes out-of-focus objects appear more natural.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum.
AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-100mm f/3.5-5.6G Major Features
- 28-100mm G-type high-power zoom lens (no aperture ring); 42-150mm equivalent with D1-series and D100 digital SLR
- The aspherical lens element minimizes distortion, especially at the periphery area, for superior optical performance
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction, while minimizing ghost and flare
- Distance information is transmitted to the camera body for precise exposure control
- Ultra-compact and 245g light
- Affordably priced
AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-100mm f/3.5-5.6G Specifications
|Focal length||28mm to 100mm|
|Lens construction||8 elements in 6 groups|
|Picture angle||74 -2420 (53-16 with D1-series and D100 digital SLR)|
|Focus distance||0.56m to infinity|
|Max. reproduction ratio||1/4.8|
|Aperture||f/3.5 to f/22 (at 28mm)|
|Dimensions||Approx. 68mm dia. x 80mm (2.7 in. dia x 3.1 in.)|
|Weight||Approx. 245g (8.6 oz.)|
Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.