Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Digital Storage Devices|
Archos 604 WiFi - Archos 604 WiFi is the industry’s most advanced portable multimedia player with integrated wireless capabilities and touch screen for surfing the web, accessing web mail, and exchanging and playing files directly from a network.
Archos, a global consumer electronics manufacturer announces the 604 WiFi, the industry’s only portable multimedia player with integrated wireless technology enabling consumers to connect to the Internet for browsing and web mail access, as well as to a WiFi enabled home network. The 604 WiFi is scheduled for release in November 2006.
The new Archos 604 WiFi is perfectly designed for watching video on the go, and allows consumers to stay connected and navigate through menus easily with a stylus or even a fingertip. The touch screen and integrated 802.11g wireless interface will appeal to consumers who want to access their media wherever they go, including surfing the Web, sending and receiving email from Web-based mail applications, and connecting the device to a home network to transfer files or play content directly from the network. Future firmware upgrades (available in Q4 from the Archos web site) will feature SHOUTcast Internet radio support, an integrated Archos Podcatcher to automatically capture audio and video podcasts without using a computer, the possibility to download content from popular music and video on-line stores directly to the device, and TV viewing via a DSL modem (IPTV over WiFi).
The Archos 604 WiFi features 30GB hard drives, sleek form factors and dimensions that make it one of the slimmest, lightest, large-screen players on the market. It has a large, 4.3-inch colour touch screen LCD, and 30GB of hard-drive capacity for storing up to 130 hours3 of videos, 300,000 photos3 or 15,000 songs3. The optional DVR Station accessory turns the 604 WiFi into a portable Digital Video Recorder (DVR) that let consumers schedule and record favourite movies and programming directly from the television, DVD player2 or satellite receiver directly onto the device.
The Archos 604 WiFi will feature a broad range of capabilities, including:
- On-the-go Internet browsing and web mail access, thanks to the built-in Opera™ browser
- Possibility to exchange and play files directly from a WiFi enabled network PC
- Large, bright 4.3-inch touch screen LCD with 16 million colours
- Ultra thin design with a large LCD – its 4.3” surface is three times larger than competing 2.5-inch screens
- Reads all standard video formats1 in full DVD resolution
- DVD-quality video playback on TV with optional DVR Station
- Records directly from TV in high-quality MPEG-4 with optional DVR Station
- Extremely fast photo viewer with zoom, music and transition effects
- Advanced music player able to display track, artist, album, and album cover
- Compatible with large number of DVD quality VOD and music online stores
- Removable battery and kickstand for tabletop viewing
- Large choice of convenient accessories to get even more from your device, such as TV recording, direct digital photo transfers, hands-free video capturing, and more
- 30 GB to store up to 85 movies3, 300,000 photos or 15,000 songs
- Additional advanced features to come before the Christmas season:
- Support for SHOUTcast Internet radio emissions
- Integrated Archos podcatcher software to automatically capture audio and video podcasts without using a PC
- Possibility to purchase and download digital content from on line stores directly to the device without using a PC, thanks to Direct License Acquisition
- Possibility to play compatible streaming video from Internet sites using the Opera browser
- TV viewing directly on the device via a DSL modem (IPTV over WiFi)