Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
ArcSoft Photo+ is a Mac app that is designed for quick and efficient photo viewing. The latest version has been improved to work with retina displays. It is available from the ArcSoft website for just $1.99 (approx £1.27 as of 14 June 2013), although this is currently a promotional price.
- Drag or drop a single photo into Photo+ and all photos in this folder will be shown automatically
- Easily browse through photos and zoom into photos using trackpad gestures or the keyboard
- Auto rotates your vertical photos
- Crop, rotate and delete your photos while browsing
- Pick your favourite photos for displaying and saving
- Fully compatible with more than 36 formats including RAW files and animated GIF
- Thumbnail strip for an overview of your photos
- View your photos full screen or as a slideshow
- Enhance the slideshow by adding music and 13 transitions
- Enables lossless crop of your photos while you are viewing
- Share photos with your friends on Facebook, Flickr and Twitter
There are left and right arrows to cycle through your image, all of the other options are along the bottom of the screen underneath your image. The app also tells you the size in pixels and MB as well as the date the picture was taken.
The tool bar at the bottom includes the options for zooming in and out, viewing full screen, cropping, deleting and sharing. When viewing at full size there is a navigation box so you know which part of the image you are looking at. In the bottom right hand corner is a heart icon, press this to tag your favourite photos, you can them use the next icon along to view all your images tagged as favourites.
In the centre of the toolbar is a play button. Hit this to enter slideshow mode. You can set the app to play a music track while it plays the slideshow as well as select a transition between photos - you can leave this on random if preferred. Below is a video of a slideshow to show the transitions.
|The ArcSoft Photo+ Mac app is easy to use and currently a bargain.|
ArcSoft Photo+ For Mac ProsVery easy to use
Gives access to all photos in a folder by just loading one
Can open images in other apps from within Photo+
Currently a bargain at $1.99
ArcSoft Photo+ For Mac ConsCould be improved with some image enhancement tools
Price may go back to $9.99
|VALUE FOR MONEY|
Photo+ For Mac is available from the ArcSoft website for just $1.99 (approx £1.27 as of 14 June 2013).