Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Auto FX Software release Mystical Lighting - The new image editing plug-in that lets you control lighting and shading effects digitally.
Mystical Lighting includes layers, layer presets that record and replay effects, masking layers and unlimited undo capability. allowing you to achieve photo-realistic results in minutes.
16 dynamically generated visual effects offer an infinite variety of styles to choose from including:
- Edge Highlights
- Light Brush
- Light Caster
- Mottled Background
- Radial Light Caster
- Shading Brush
- Wispy Mist
Mystical Lighting feature highlights
- Mystical Lighting works as both a stand-alone application and a Photoshop plug-in
- Layers feature cloning, renaming, reordering, and full opacity blending.
- Unlimited undo allows you to go back as far as you need to
- Effects are Resolution Independent. You can apply an effect to a small image
and get the same result on a different sized or much larger image. Play around
with small thumbnail sized images and comps and then apply to a high-resolution
image later and get the same result.
- Users can add an unlimited number of effects, each with independent controls
and they layer and interact with each other through the Auto FX SmartLayer
- Supports Adobe Photoshop Actions, Last Filter Command and Layer Transparency
- Supports a Marquee Zoom and Pan capable adjustable full screen preview
- Paragraph length ToolTips containing detailed instructions pop up when the
mouse is held over a control for several seconds
- User defined presets can be saved for capturing the exact look of an effect
for later use
- File loading and saving support for: .psd, .tif, .bmp, .jpg, and .png file
formats. Saving in Photoshop .psd format will export the effect onto a layered
document with full transparency
- Customizable interface colors and desktop textures allow the user to pick
their favorite look
- Optimized for single or dual processor machines on both Mac and Windows
- Optimized for G4s and runs native in OS X
Without a doubt this is the best, most feature rich and powerful product we have ever launched. says Cliff Weems, Founder and CEO, You can play with light and shading and come out with results that are so realistic you cant tell they are digitally generated. I love photography and I love this product.
System Requirements & Product Compatibility:
Windows 98/NT/2000/2000 ME/XP, Macintosh 8.5 or higher including full native support for OS X Requires a G3 or higher machine Minimum 128MB of RAM required / 256MB or higher recommended.
It works as either a stand-alone application or as a plug-in for image editing programs like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Elements, Jasc Paint Shop Pro and Corel Photo Paint.
Price and Availability:
The estimated street price Mystical Lighting is $179.00 (USD). Mystical Lighting is available as a
downloadable product from the Auto FX website or as a physical CD for both Mac and Windows
platforms. Currently, it is available in English but the release of German, Spanish, Italian and French
versions are expected in Q2 of 2003. Mystical Lighting is sold through select dealers and resellers
worldwide or ordered online at http://www.autofx.com.
About Auto FX Software
Founded in 1994, Auto FX Software has grown to become the largest developer of Adobe Photoshop plug-ins in the market. Auto FX Software is exclusively focused on the development and marketing of visual imaging software for creative professionals and digital imaging enthusiasts. Auto FX products are distributed in over 45 countries around the world and are also available for digital download on the Internet at http://www.autofx.com.