Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Send 'Photocards' With Wacom's New App - Add a message to a photo and send it to friends and family-members with Wacom's iOS App.
Wacom has released an App for the iPhone and iPod Touch which combines photos and messages together.
In the Bamboo Loop App photos can be illustrated and personalised with the built-in editing tools.
Wacom say: "Sketch, scribble or write on the photo then loop it back to the creator, send it on to someone new or share it with social networks."
The basic card available in the App is a photograph framed with a white border. There is also a choice of backgrounds, card shapes, patterns, photo filters, colour palettes and effects available. Basic styles are free and additional styles are available from the Loop Style Gallery priced at £1.49 per pack of four.
The “Bamboo Loop Like” comes in the form of a smiley face which means users can let friends know if they like the picture. Currently the app works as a one-on-one communication loop, but cards can be shared with a wider group of friends by posting them on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Currently runs on iOS 5 and higher.
- It supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5.
- Creating a Bamboo Loop account is required in order to use the application.
- Account creation goes through registration, which is email based.
- Bamboo Loop works very well with the Bamboo Styli, e.g. the Bamboo Stylus mini that can be attached to the jack of the iPhone.
For more information, visit the Wacom Bamboo Loop website.