BluBox Software Ltd, part of ROK Entertainment Group, the global mobile entertainment company, announced it has signed an agreement with Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd to further expand the European reach of Blubox.
Under the terms of the agreement, Blubox will provide BluBox V4, its award winning and highly acclaimed photographic digital data compression technology to Samsung memory card customers across Europe on a free trial basis from April onwards.
The BluBox software application is an exciting new concept, combining state of the art compression technology with industry standard encryption. BluBox has been designed for the digital image consumer market; empowering people by dramatically improving the massive Internet photo sharing experience and ensuring the protection of private and personal information.
Without sacrificing picture quality, BluBox users can:
- Compress photo file sizes by up to 95%
- Encrypt and protect pictures using Government-standard encryption Dramatically reduce the time taken to send photos by email and FTP (send a whole album in the time it usually takes to email a couple of photos!)
- Unlike other compression products, BluBox allows users to view pictures while they are still compressed and encrypted
- Print directly from within the BluBox program or extract and then print
- Organise and store photos inside BluBox archives saving disk space and protecting private information from intruders
- Extract images back to their original file format for use in other programs
Commenting on the deal, Tim Capps, VP Business Development at BluBox said “We are very pleased to have concluded this deal with Samsung for our BluBox technology as it will enable millions of Samsung memory card and USB memory users across Europe to benefit from the massive compression of digital images which BluBox brings. We also have a number of other innovative applications we will be introducing in due course that will continually refresh the content story adding significant user benefit”.
Ken Jones, Vice President of Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd, added “Samsung globally holds the lead position in the memory market. I see the fresh initiative of offering content on memory cards to be an important differentiating factor in the purchasing decisions of today’s discerning consumer. This agreement provides benefits to ROK, Samsung, Samsung’s distributors, their retail partners and ultimately the consumer – a win for all.”
More information about BluBox can be found at the website.