Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Bags, Cases and Straps|
Calumet ready to reach out To recession-hit photographers at focus - As Britain sinks deeper into recession Calumet Photographic has pledged to expand its Own Brand product range in time for Focus at the NEC.
Joe Clark, Calumet MD explains: “We know times are hard for many of our customers. Professional photographers are being exposed to less demand for their services and increased price pressure as a consequence of the current market climate – and we are using our stands at Focus to showcase new products in our unique Calumet Brand range – in addition to latest state-of-the-art hardware like the groundbreaking Canon 5D MK II stills and video, ‘all-in-one’ camera.”
He added: “We are constantly growing our inventory of robust, budget-priced products, including cases, background systems, tripods, lighting systems, print media and various camera and studio accessories – and we will be offering special ‘Show Only’ prices and clearance discounts on many items throughout the Focus event. Our Own Brand growth has consistently exceeded that of the business overall, which clearly demonstrates the demand for low prices in this tough environment.”
Additional Calumet offers at Focus include:
- Special show deals on the very latest Bowens lighting kits and accessories including the new ‘second generation’ TravelPak, portable battery pack. (This new unit enables location photographers to instantly ‘hot-swap’ a second battery if the first fades before the photo-shoot is complete).
- 'World-first’ TravelPak-compatible Gemini monolight range; a groundbreaking professional lighting control solution with the new Gemini 250r and 500r Series. Said a Bowens’ spokesman: “On this new Gemini series we have combined accuracy with ease of use and patented a new ‘photographer intuitive’ twin dial system. Now with one click the photographer can go up or down a stop – or if finer adjustments are required, the second dial is calibrated in tenths.”
- New entry-level Gemini 200 and 400 Monolight options.
- Top London glamour and fashion photographer Jon Gray will be demonstrating new products and giving exclusive seminars.
- The Calumet ProVideo team has put together a selection of latest HD camcorders for sale at Focus – including the Digital HERO 3, the small but tough digital action camera/camcorder.
- Calumet will have show stock of the newly launched Induro professional tripods and monopods.
- In association with Bogen Imaging, Calumet will be offering a range of special deals on Kata Bags.