Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Conventional Display and Presentation|
Own brand Calumet lines to help combat recession. - Calumet set to tackle the downturn with new sales drive on own-brand lines.
Calumet is spearheading a new ‘recession-busting, own brand’ sales programme aimed at helping
photographers through the market downturn.
The market-leading photo-retailer has announced the autumn launch of its latest Own-Brand products, including a range of new-technology digital photo frames and portable background systems.
Tim Haskell, Calumet’s commercial manager said: “When even the Prime Minister starts using the ‘R’ word it is very clear that trading is almost certainly going to get more challenging over coming months. With this in mind we have been working hard to expand our ‘Own Brand’ product lines which offer our customers highest quality but at compelling, cost-effective prices. We plan to provide photographers with an ongoing and growing programme of diverse Calumet own-brand lines over the coming months.”
Calumet Digital Photo Frames
Calumet is showcasing ‘latest technology’ with the launch of three unique new digital photo frames (8.4”, 10.4” and 15” sizes) with interchangeable frames and priced from £79.99 (inc. VAT). Available from November in black with optional brown wood and acrylic finish surrounds, the frames boast the following features:
- High resolution LCD screen with wide viewing angles and long life span.
- Displays and processes each image almost instantaneously.
- Reads MP3 audio files, motion JPEG files and photos up to 12M pixels.
- Internal speaker, internal memory and keypad control buttons.
- Brightness control, thumbnail view, zoom, pan, rotate, delete and auto-slideshow -2-with music
- Reads CF-1, SD/SDHC/MMC, MS-Pro Duo and USB flash drives.
- Six-position adjustable stand for optimum viewing angle.
- Simple interchange frame surround that requires no tools or magnets.
- Ships with AC power adapter, remote control and user manual.
Said Haskell: “These unique frames feature the very latest technology. They are simple to use and give photographs an entirely new dimension. We expect them to be winners with both professional customers, who can use them as a showcase for their own work, and also with serious amateur photographers."
Calumet Portable Background System
The company’s new ‘crease-free’ portable background system incorporates a unique X-frame (with atented hub), and a convenient adjustable stand - and can be assembled in minutes. The unit stows away n a 36” long case and weighs in at just 12.8 lbs (5.8Kg). Ten colour muslins are available. Other features include:
- X-frame offers fast setup time and holds muslin flat.
- Ideal for individual portraits, couples and families.
- Frame and stand can be used with any fabric.
- Perfect for school portraits, proms, weddings, sports portraits, executive portraits and corporate events.
Added Haskell: “These backgrounds can be stretched tight on the new frames, leaving them pretty much crease-free.” The system, complete with stand, frame, 1 8x8 background and storage case will retail at £117.50 (inc. VAT).
For further information visit the Calumet Photo website.