Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
There are many apps available on iOS for photography and the list of features here looks to cover many of them all in one. The Camera Plus Pro app has a number of shooting modes, video recording, filters, photo effects and editing tools with a built-in photo and video sharing network. There is also wi-fi sharing, video zoom, private collections and custom tagging.
- User Interface and animations made for Retina display
- Enhanced video modes - zoom, pause, time-lapse, exposure control, trim and filters
- Photo capture with fast auto-save and touch exposure control
- Photo effects - toy camera, coffee, sepia, retro green, grunge, vignette, lomo, inked, fantasy, rust, chocolate, HDR, X-ray, antique, faded, warm, retro red, washed, sunset, pop art, emboss, pencil sketch, Xpro, heat signature, pop, scarlet, retro, glam, frosty, aged, contrast, arsel, moss, velvet, arctic and vibrant (updated in v3.4)
- Distortion filters - centre offset, pixelate, bulge, squeeze, swirl, noise, light tunnel, fish-eye and mirror (new in v3.4)
- White-balance lock - capture the right colour on your phone (new in v3.4)
- Photo edit - crop, rotate, adjust and more
- Quick roll - manage private collection, search and many more
- Share - copyright, tags, geo-tagging and batch uploads to social networking sites
- Slideshow - watch your photos and videos
- Wireless transfer - transfer videos and photos to your desktop wirelessly
PhotosOptions available when shooting include anti-shake, timer (2 - 10 seconds), burst mode (between 3 and 10 photos at 0.7fps with flash and 0.9fps without), big button (press anywhere on screen to take picture) and grid lines. Tags can also be added to pictures at the time of shooting by pre-selecting which tags to add.
Image editing is where the fun really begins. Photos can be cropped, rotated and have flash applied. Hitting the adjust button gives the ability to change the brightness, saturation, hue, contrast, sharpness, tint and temp. These are all easy to do and can be done in a matter of seconds.
The app also has a wide range of filters which can be applied during editing, examples of which are below. If that is not enough you can simply add a border to your images as well from a range of nine: Thin White, Rounded Black, Double Frame, White Frame, Polaroid, Stamp, Torn, Striped and Grainy.
Distortion FiltersIn the latest version of Camera Plus Pro there is a range of distortion filters which are adjustable depending on how extreme you would like to distort your images by. In the examples below the most extreme distortion has been used where possible.
VideoBelow is a video shot using the app with zoom. As the zoom is merely digital it becomes very pixelated when using the maximum zoom and jumps between each level rather than being smooth as you'd expect from a camera using optical zoom. As well as Time-Lapse (0.25 - 2 seconds) there are a number of filters which can be used when shooting videos: Black & White, Sepia, Sin City Red, Avatar Blue, Hulk Green, Invert, Flip Horizontal, Mirror, X-Ray, Vintage, Vivid and Warm Vintage. The iPhone Flash can also be used during recording.
The app does give you the option to shoot videos with the iPhone app or via Camera Plus Pro. The Camera Plus Pro app needs to be used to get the filters but quality is reduced.
Video editing also just gives the ability to shorten videos by removing footage from the beginning of the clip, it would be great if you could choose a start and an ending point in the video to crop.
SharingImages and videos can be shared on the following sites: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr (pictures only), Picasa (pictures only) and YouTube (videos only) and by email. To share more than one at a time, when in the library press the button in the top right hand corner and select the images you want to upload. This can also be used to add multiple images and videos to the iPhone camera roll, add tags and delete rather than doing each individually.
Images can also be transferred via wi-fi, either using your internet browser or by ftp. This may seem complicated at first, but the app gives you the relevant information and is actually quite simple.
To protect your images you can add a personalised copyright and if you want you can also add the date the image was taken.
Adobe Photoshop Express 2.0. This app makes it really easy to share your photos and images on social networking sites as well as downloading to your computer over wi-fi.
|The Camera Plus Pro app packs great features for iPhone photographers at a very reasonable price.|
Camera Plus Pro iPhone App: ProsBags of features
Excellent value for money
Batch upload to social networking sites
Camera Plus Pro iPhone App: ConsQuality of video shot with app
Limited video editing options
|VALUE FOR MONEY|
The Camera Plus Pro iPhone App is available from the iTunes Store for £1.49. For more information please visit the Global Delight website.