Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Bags, Cases and Straps|
New products from Cameras Underwater - Cameras Underwater announce a range of new housings.
Cameras Underwater Seashell SS-2 waterproof housing
The Seashell SS-2 waterproof housing offers a convenient underwater photography solution for compact digital cameras. The Seashell SS2 complements the SS1, which fits cameras with a centrally located lens. The Seashell SS-2 adds to Cameras Underwater’s extensive range of products, making it even easier to explore the exciting world of underwater photography.
The Seashell brand is new to Cameras Underwater and its innovatively designed SS-2 housing is the world’s first universal waterproof digital camera case for models with a lens located in the top left corner. As such it is compatible with over 150 internal zoom-type digital compact cameras on the market today.
The SS-2 is suitable for use in depths of up to 40 metres and features a robust, hard case design for excellent and reliable protection against shock, dust, sand, snow and other potentially damaging elements. Its sporty, transparent design is accented with fashionable, bright details in a variety of colours. Cameras Underwater is ranging the SS-2 with either black or yellow details.
The SS-2 housing is supplied with a comprehensive accessory kit that makes it quick and simple to configure it for use with a wide range of digital cameras.
The kit includes the following items:
- Round Type Cushions (12 variations)
- Fish Tail Type Cushions (56 variations)
- Back Foam Pad (four variations)
- Actuator Shaft (eight variations)
- Probe Pad (six variations)
- Lubricant Grease
- Mini Spanner
- Neck Strap
- Hand Strap
- Fitting Sheet
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
Cameras Underwater Aquatica D3 range housing
This newer housing will accept the latest Nikon D3S version as well as all Nikon D3 and D3X models.
The Nikon D3S is arguably one of the most advanced DSLR cameras available, with HD video and unparalleled ISO performance. The redesigned waterproof housing now allows all of the camera’s high specification features to function at full capability when shooting underwater - whereas previously this wasn’t the case.
|Cameras Underwater Aquatica D3 range housing|
A new manufacturing process has also enabled the weight of the housing to be reduced by 20%, without sacrificing the robustness or depth rating for which Aquatica’s housings are renowned. Extra controls for the camera’s video features have been included and larger, more tactile control knobs added for better feel in cold water. In addition, the new housing back can be retrofitted onto existing D3 housings, extending their life span.
A highly sensitive moisture alarm with visual and audio warning is included and installed at the Aquatica factory.
Redesigned and added controls include the following:
- Set/record lever: relocated to an easy accessible position due to its vital role when shooting video.
- Live View button: added is an oversized Live View access button located right under the Set/Record lever for a quick and precise reaction sequence when shooting video.
- AF-L/AE-L lever: now a vastly improved version of the lever with a locking collar to eliminate the tendency of the lever to be pushed back in by the ambient water pressure when working at depth.
- Info button: newly added on the D3S, this button is now fully accessible via a conveniently angled push button.
- Focus/Zoom control knob assembly: aside from sporting an oversized indented knob for better feel in all water condition, the internal mechanism has been totally redesigned. This newer and ingenious assembly can be lifted up to get the pinion gear out of the way so that the camera and lens (with zoom/focus gear attached) can slide out quickly out for swift replacement of the battery. (CF cards do not require the camera to come out of the housing)
- Control knobs: all knobs are of the newer design, oversized and knurled to give a positive feel to them even with the thickest of cold water gloves.
- Bulkhead connectors’ circuitry: a big change, hardly noticeable from the exterior, is that the latest generation of bulkhead connectors’ assembly has been implemented on this housing. Based on a simple internal switchboard, the connectors’ configuration can be switched from the classic straight manual favoured by many pros to a fully TTL compatible connector that will be ready to accept a third party TTL converter or housed Nikon flash.
- The bulkheads connectors: these too have evolved and it is no longer a complicated affair to remove or replace them. The connectors are supplied with mini plug that connects to the circuit board inside. Just remove the small plug from the circuit, remove the retaining collar O-ring and pull out the connectors. Then reinsert the newer or different type of connector, reinstall the collar O-ring and plug into the circuit board. A quick dunk test and off you go! Hours of work have been converted into minutes; this simple yet sturdy and reliable approach makes field maintenance a breeze - always a welcome thing for a working professional.
- Width: 35.5cm X Height: 22.2cm X Depth: 15.75cm
- Weight: 3.75kg
- Width: 26.5cm X Height: 22.2cm X Depth: 15.75cm
- Weight: 3.25kg
Cameras Underwater Aquatica’s AN-5
The AN-5 is a quality housing designed to fit the Sony NEX-5 camera - providing a fantastic solution for underwater photographers who need a high level of imaging performance in a compact size.
Sony’s flexible NEX-5 yields the punch of the DSLR sensor within the size of a compact camera and is now even more suitable for the task of underwater imaging due to its large choice of interchangeable lenses and superior focusing in both still and video modes.
The AN-5 housing for the NEX-5 has been constructed using only the highest grade of corrosion resistant materials. The housing shell is anodized and powder coated to a smooth finish that will resist years of extensive use and all controls are double sealed in order to achieve the 300ft/90 meter depth rating. Every shaft and push button has been manufactured to a mirror smooth surface and is made of the finest quality stainless steel, offering complete protection from harsh environments.
Special care has been taken to locate every control at its best possible position for comfortable use and the basic layout of the camera has been reproduced externally so users don’t have to search for relocated controls. Even with the extremely small size of this housing, Aquatica has managed to build in a quick access lever to bring the internal flash up and down for easy switching between strobe and ambient light photography. In addition, a pair of dual optical strobe connectors have been built-in to the housing, avoiding the extra cost and hassle of having to use an external adapter.
A very innovative multi function mechanism has been designed for ports and lens locking. The photographer simply rotates clockwise to position 1 to release the port, and continues rotating to the end for disengaging the gear rack mechanism. This allows the user either to pull out the tray mounted camera and lens with the Focus/Zoom gear attached to it, or to push on the lever to remove the lens without having to remove the camera.
As the rear LCD screen can be angled at 15 degrees, the AN-5 provides users with a more comfortable viewing position in diving conditions and enables easier framing.
To accommodate the large selection of Sony Nex-5 lenses, Aquatica offers a new series of compact ports on the AN-5. An adapter is also available for mounting the existing line of Aquatica ports.
Weighing less than 1kg, the Aquatica AN-5 is extremely compact and features dimensions of 165 (W) x 141 (H) x 84 (D) mm, including the optical bulkhead.
The Aquatica AN-5 waterproof housing is available to order now from Cameras Underwater. Price to be confirmed.
For more information please visit the Cameras Underwater website.