Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Canon has announced a firmware update for the EOS-1D X DSLR.
Firmware version 1.2.4 has the following improvements and fixes:
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Reduces the time it takes to display the metering result on the LCD or Viewfinder when the meter has been activated.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a ‘Caution 02’ message is unnecessarily recorded in the camera status log.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which continuous shooting pauses when using a Canon Speedlite.
- Fixes a phenomenon*, when the GP-E1 is attached, which causes the GPS device settings to be reset to default when the camera has been powered off.
* This phenomenon occurs only with firmware Version 1.2.1.
* After changing the GPS device settings, please be sure to power off the camera before removing the battery. This will ensure that the camera's GPS device settings will be saved.