Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Canon launch longest ever IXUS zoom - Canon have announced the launch of the Digital IXUS 970 IS with new 5x optical IS zoom.
Canon today announces a powerful new addition to its Digital IXUS range of stylish compact cameras. The 10Mp Digital IXUS 970 IS features a brand new 5x optical zoom lens – the longest ever zoom in the range – together with an enhanced version of Canon’s lens-shift type optical Image Stabilizer (IS).
The Digital IXUS 970 IS also features Motion Detection Technology, which works in tandem with IS to reduce blur caused by subject motion and camera shake. Face Detection Technology with Face Select & Track and Face Detection White Balance is also included. These features provide accurate, natural-looking people shots in all situations. As with all Digital IXUS models in the first half of 2008, auto focus is enhanced for darker conditions; it is now effective in situations approximately 1-stop darker than was possible in previous models.
A bright, clear 2.5in PureColor LCD II screen and new Multi Control Dial enhance the user experience, offering a greater degree of convenience. Thanks to Canon’s optical expertise, all these improvements have been made without sacrificing the iconic design that has made Digital IXUS the ultimate style camera brand.
“With its 5x zoom, the Digital IXUS 970 IS brings a new level of performance to Canon’s leading design brand,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging, Europe. “Once again Canon is using its optical expertise to deliver powerful compact cameras in effortless style.”
- Uncompromising Digital IXUS style and build quality
- 10.0Mp image sensor
- 5x optical zoom lens
- Enhanced lens-shift type optical Image Stabilizer (IS) delivering a 4-stop advantage
- High ISO Auto with Motion Detection Technology
- Face Detection Technology now with White Balance and Face Select & Track
- Automatic Red-Eye Correction in shooting and playback
- Digic III with Noise Reduction Technology
- 2.5in PureColor LCD II plus optical viewfinder (OVF)
- Enhanced auto focus performs at up to 1-stop darker
- Multi Control Dial
- 18 shooting modes including new Sunset mode and My Colors photo effects
- Extensive movie options including VGA 30f/p/s, Long Play and Time Lapse movie modes
- Optional accessories include Soft Case and High Powered Flash
- Easy printing with PictBridge and quick print order settings in playback mode
Pricing and availability:
The Digital IXUS 970 IS is available from early April 2008, priced at inc. VAT.
For more information please visit the Canon website.