Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Canon firmware update - Canon have announced the release of a the firmware upgrade for the EOS 1D Mark III for July 31st.
The firmware update (Version 1.0.9) incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Improves the look of images when enlarged on the LCD monitor.
- Improves the look of images taken when they are enlarged on the camera's LCD monitor.
- Sets the sharpness of the LCD monitor be slightly stronger.
- Countermeasures for Dial (Main, Quick Control, Vertical-grip Main) errors response.
- Fixes a rare response error in the Dials in which they either did not respond when rotated or would change several clicks' worth even if only clicked once.
- Improves the tendency to focus too easily on the background when shooting in AI Servo AF under certain conditions.
- Improves the probability of the camera focusing on high-contrast backgrounds when shooting in conditions were AF detection is difficult, such as when the main subject is not completely covered by the AF frames or if the main subject's contrast is low.
- Corrects errors in the Italian and Simplified Chinese menu screens
The firmware upgrade will be available online from 10:00am on the 31st July 2007. For more information please go to the Canon website.