Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Firmware update for 40D - Canon have released a firmware update for the EOS 40D digital SLR camera.
Version 1.0.5 of the firmware corrects the following problems:
- When playing back images just after recovering from Auto Power Off, the display now shows the last image played back.
- During remote shooting, images are now displayed on the camera's LCD monitor right after they are taken.
- Corrects a warning message in Korean that appears when updating the firmware.
- Corrects errors in the Spanish menu screens.
- Corrects a phenomenon that prevented printing with some print systems.
- Corrects a rare phenomenon in which file numbers or image numbers were sometimes skipped.
The Version 1.0.5 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.4. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.5, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
To view the downloads page, please click here.