Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Canon PIXMA Pro-1 A3+ Printer Hands-On - We go hands on with the new Canon PIXMA Pro-1 Professional A3+ Printer.
The new Canon PIXMA Pro-1 is the latest professional A3+ printer from Canon and features 12 ink tanks, with 6 on each side of the printer. On display at the Canon Pro Solutions Show 2011, the printer features a new print head with 12,288 nozzles and there is a tubular ink supply system, said to increase print speed compared to ink cartridges being moved from side to side.
- The benchmark A3+ printer for photo professionals
- Groundbreaking 12-ink system with exceptional colour gamut
- Chroma Optimizer for uniform glossiness and crisp, sharp blacks
- Optimum Image Generating system enhances colour reproduction
- Stunning black and white prints with 5 monochrome inks
- New LUCIA pigment inks ensure outstanding photo permanence
- Create a gallery-quality A3+ photo in approx. 2 minutes 55 sec
- High capacity ink tanks ensure long periods between replacements
- Wide range of media support including 356mm (14”) wide and thick media
- Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plug-in for efficient printing workflow
The 12 ink system features 5 monochrome inks (photo black, matte black, dark grey, grey, light grey), 6 colour inks (cyan, photo cyan, megenta, photo magenta, yellow, red), and a new chroma optimizer designed to ensure an improved and consistent gloss finish to prints, enhanced blacks, and expanded colour gamut in dark areas.
Included with the printer is the full complement of 12 full ink cartridges, worth around £350 on their own (each cartridge costs £29 each). The printer can also be shared using the ethernet port.
The Pixma Pro-1 is designed to sit at the top of the A3+ range of Canon printers, with the Pixma Pro 9000 Mk II (8 chromalife inks, 1 monochrome) and Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II (10 lucia inks, 3 monochrome) sitting under the Pro-1. The paper feed is found at the back and there is support for card as well, although no support for a roller feed unit.
Monochrome print - the print quality from this printer is extremely impressive, with the results so far living up to Canon's expectations, with extremely solid blacks, excellent gradation and grey tones, and no signs of problems such as banding or visible dots.
Canon PIXMA PRO-1 Photos of Equipment
Canon PIXMA PRO-1 Specifications
|Optical Resolution||No Data|
|Software Resolution (Interpolation)||No Data|
|Print Resolution||2400dpi - 4800dpi|
|CD DVD Printing||Yes|
|LCD Monitor||No Data|
|Tilting screen||No Data|
|Touch Screen||No Data|
|Power Consumption (W)||0.4 - 24|
|Box Contents||Easy-PhotoPrint EX with HD Movie Print¬Ļ, Easy-PhotoPrint Pro¬≤, Easy-WebPrint EX¬≥, Solution Menu EX, Colour Management Tool Pro (download)|