Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
PowerShot reloaded - The three new compacts from Canon offer incredibly compact dimensions, making them the most portable PowerShot models to date.
Canon PowerShot A1000 IS
Ultra portable & stylish
All three models offer incredibly compact dimensions, making them the most portable PowerShot models to date. This new ultra-compact approach is complemented by stylish designs in a range of colours11(Some colour variations may not be available in all regions). The smooth, tactile PowerShot A1000 IS comes in a choice of Blue, Brown or Silver, while the PowerShot E1 combines a unique, curvaceous aesthetic with White, Pink or Blue. The PowerShot A2000 IS features a powerful 6 x zoom with a simple, bold design in gunmetal and silver.
Great photos, the easy way
Canon PowerShot A2000 IS
As well as powering features including Face Detection Technology, Canon’s DIGIC III image processor enables quick response times, fast buffering speeds, and advanced noise reduction. iSAPS technology uses shooting scene data to optimise camera settings even before a shot is taken.
Intelligent technologies for better photos
Beautiful photography becomes effortless thanks to a full suite of Canon technologies – including Face Detection Technology (including Face Select & Track), Auto Red Eye Correction for perfect people shots.
To keep shots looking sharp, Motion Detection Technology – activated in High ISO Auto mode – uses Face Detection Technology, Canon’s powerful optical Image Stabilizer and scene information to identify subject motion and camera-shake. ISO is also optimised for minimum blur and maximum image quality.
Canon PowerShot E1
“Today sees the PowerShot range taken to a new level,” commented Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. “Each of these models offers the remarkable combination of pocket-friendly, outstanding PowerShot imaging.”
Pricing & Availability
The PowerShot A1000 IS is available from September 2008 priced at £169.00 / €219.00 RRP inc. VAT.
The PowerShot A2000 IS is available exclusively from Jessops from September 2008.
The PowerShot E1 is available exclusively from Argos from September 2008.
Features at a glance:
- 10.0 Megapixels
- Colour variations: Blue, Brown or Silver (PowerShot A1000 IS), White, Pink or Blue (PowerShot E1), 6x optical zoom lens with Image Stabilizer (PowerShot A2000 IS)
- 4x optical zoom lens with Image Stabilizer (PowerShot A1000 IS, PowerShot E1)
- DIGIC III with iSAPs for clear, sharp images and fast response times
- 17 shooting modes including Easy Mode, Sunset mode and IS0 3200 mode
- Great people shots with Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB plus Face Select & Track
- Combats blur with High ISO Auto, optical Image Stabilizer, Motion Detection Technology
- Auto Red-Eye Correction in shooting and playback
- 2.5” (3.0” on PowerShot A2000 IS) LCD screen with wide viewing angle, plus real-image optical viewfinder (PowerShot A1000 IS and PowerShot E1 only)
- Smooth, 30fps VGA movies with Long Play mode
- All models powered by AA batteries for versatility