Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Canon strengthens tilt and shift range - Canon launches ultra-wide angle 17mm tilt and shift lens.
|Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II|
Canon today announces the launch of two new tilt and shift lenses, the Ultra-Wide angle TS-E 17mm f/4L and the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, an upgrade to the popular TS-E 24mm f/3.5L.
At 17mm, the TS-E 17mm f/4L has the widest view angle of any tilt and shift lens currently available; coupled with outstanding image quality across the whole frame, it is an ideal choice for architectural or landscape photography. Building on the success of its predecessor, the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, like the TS-E 17mm f/4L, now includes Canon’s sub-wavelength structure coating (SWC). Canon’s patented lens coating is specifically designed to minimise ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections to help deliver crisp, clear images.
Canon was the first company to offer 35mm camera users a combined tilt and shift lens, With 36 years experience in this field, Canon has now added a new unique functionality to the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, allowing users to rotate the direction of the tilt and shift independently of each other. This affords greater control over the focal plane, replicating the movements of a large format view camera. Canon’s revolutionary tilt and shift revolving mechanism is particularly useful when shooting product shots from a perspective where specific framing and focal plane is required.
|Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L|
Canon today has also introduced a new range (52mm to 72mm) of versatile, multi-functional PL-C B polarizing filters to help reduce reflections from glass or water or darken blue skies. The PL-C B’s, which are now available in 52mm, 58mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm filter thread sizes, also allows the lens cap to be attached to the lens to prevent damage to the filter if left attached when not in use.
Key features of the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II include:
- Tilt and shift lenses compatible with all Canon EOS cameras
- Ultra Wide 17mm / wide 24mm focal length, ideal for architecture and landscapes
- High precision lens elements for low distortion and high resolution to the edge of the image
- ± 6.5° Tilt and ±12mm Shift (TS-E 17mm f/4L) ± 8.5° Tilt and ±12mm Shift
- (TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II)
- Tilt and shift mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing shift in any direction
- Tilt mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing tilt in any direction relative to the shift
- Aspherical and UD lens elements minimise chromatic aberration
- Sub-wavelength structure and super-spectra coatings minimise ghosting and flare
- Circular aperture for creative, blurred highlights
- TS-E 17mm f/4L has a floating internal focus mechanism delivers high image quality throughout focus range.
The TS-E 17mm f/4L is available from May 2009 priced at £2749.99 RRP inc. VAT. The TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II is available from May 2009 priced at £2399.99 RRP inc. VAT.
For more information please visit the Canon website.