Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Three EISA's for Canon - Three prestigious awards have been presented to Canon by the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) – Europe’s premier consumer technology awards association.
The Canon EOS-1D Mark III was voted European Professional Camera 2007-2008; the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens was named European Professional Lens 2007-2008; and the Canon PowerShot G7 triumphed as the European Advanced Compact Camera 2007-2008. The three awards underline Canon’s leadership position in the Western European D-SLR and digital camera markets.
“Canon is delighted to be honoured by the EISA Photo Panel,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. “These three awards are a worthy reflection of our commitment to innovation and imaging excellence that runs through all of our product groups.”
European Professional Camera 2007-2008: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
The world’s fastest D-SLR camera – capable of an incredible 110 frame burst at 10 frames per second – has re-written the rulebook for high-speed, professional photography. Built to withstand the toughest conditions, the camera has swiftly gained a reputation for its unique combination of durability and power.
- 10.1Mp APS-H CMOS sensor
- 110 frame burst at 10 fps
- Dual Digic III processors for high-speed, high resolution performance
- 14-bit image processing
- 19-point auto focus system
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
European Professional Lens 2007-2008: Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Compact and lightweight, the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens incorporates a four stop Image Stabilizer for optimum low-light performance. Convenient proportions and supreme image quality have made the lens a favourite among professional photographers who need to travel light.
- Compact lightweight body – 760g, 172mm in length
- Four stop Image Stabiliser with two modes
- 1x Fluorite and 2x UD lens elements for superior optical performance
- Ring type USM auto focus with full time manual override
- Circular aperture diaphragm for pleasing background blur
- Environmental seals for dust and moisture resistance
European Advanced Compact Camera 2007-2008: Canon PowerShot G7
Combining a classic rangefinder design with an extensive feature set, the PowerShot G7 digital compact camera has proved a hit with amateur users looking to take their photography to the next level. The power of 10Mp imaging and DIGIC III processing is complemented by 25 shooting modes – ranging from automatic to full manual controls.
- 6x optical zoom with optical Image Stabilizer
- Digic III with advanced Noise Reduction technology
- Face Detection AF/AE
- 2.5in high resolution LCD with wide viewing angle
- ISO 1600 for flash-free, low light shooting
Established in 1982, EISA is Europe’s premier consumer technology awards association. Its expert voting panel comprises editors-in-chief from nearly 50 leading photo, video, audio, home theatre, convergence and mobile electronics magazines across 18 European countries.
For more information on Canon products, please visit their website. For the full list of EISA awards please click here.