Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Easy Casio does it fast - The new Casio EXILIM EX-Z1050 promises to make shooting pictures as easy as possible, but backs it up with a whopping 10Mp and class-leading shooting shooting speed.
Casio Electronics Co. Ltd. and its parent company Casio Computer Co. Ltd., announced the release of the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1050, the latest addition to its stylish series of EXILIM digital cameras. Featuring a newly developed, high-performance, image-processing module, Casio's new EX-Z1050 makes it even easier to enjoy shooting super-high resolution, 10.1 megapixel images.
Last year, Casio released the revolutionary EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1000, the first digital camera in the world to deliver 10.1 megapixel resolution in a size that fits easily in the palm of the hand. The EX-Z1000 won acclaim for making it simpler than ever to capture images at a remarkably high resolution, and its trend-setting performance created a brand new market.
Casio developed the new EX-Z1050, as stylish and slim as any EXILIM, to enable an even greater variety of people to enjoy photography at the super high-resolution of 10.1 megapixels. At this amazing level of detail, photos print crystal-clear even in large sizes or when trimmed to show just part of the image. The EX-Z1050 is even smaller than the EX-Z1000, but features Casio's generous new 2.6 inch Wide and Bright LCD display. The camera's lightweight aluminium construction makes it a breeze to carry and gives it an unforgettable look.
The EX-Z1050 is more than just convenient and stylish: this camera is a truly high-performance device. It is built with the highly sophisticated EXILIM Engine 2.0 - a high-performance, image-processing module that not only improves image quality, but also boosts performance by, for instance, delivering new motion analysis technology. This latest model in the EXILIM series also delivers best-in-class* high-speed, continuous shooting at 7 shots per second until the available memory is full, empowering users to capture every split second of an action-packed scene.
* As of 30 January 2007, for compact digital cameras. Based on a Casio survey.
- Stylish, slim, compact model featuring 10.1 million effective pixels and 3x optical zoom.
- Maximum 7 shots/second high-speed continuous shooting (Limited to 2.0 megapixels and normal image quality. Requires use of a High Speed SD Memory Card.*)
- EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processing module featuring new motion analysis technology.
- Blur-reduction technologies
- Automatically analyses the velocity and vector of a moving subject and sets the most appropriate ISO sensitivity and shutter speed.
- Anti Shake DSP reduces blur due to shaky hands and subject movement, using high shutter speeds and high sensitivity settings.
- Movie mode with electronic camera shake compensation function.
- Newly developed 2.6 inch Wide and Bright LCD display (maximum brightness of 1,000 cd/m2 at centre of screen).
- Control panel that displays shooting information on the right side of the monitor and enables direct camera control.
- Super Life Battery allows up to 370 shots to be taken when fully charged.
The Casio EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1050 will come in silver, black, gold, blue and pink at a UK Suggested Selling Price of £229.99.