Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z10, EX-Z110 and EX-Z120 launched - Casio introduce three new models to their Exilim range
Exilim Zoom EX-Z110
Exilim Zoom EX-Z120
The EX-Z10 features 5.0 megapixels, the EX-Z110 has 6.0 megapixels and the EX-Z120 features 7.2 megapixels. All three models have 3x optical zoom and a 2.0 inch TFT colour LCD display. The EX-Z10 and EX-Z110 both feature practical 28 Scene Best Shot button for ease of use, while the EX-Z120 features 32 Scene Best Shot. For added convenience this function is located on a mode dial. All three of the models feature Auto Macro and Quick Shutter modes to ensure that all photographs are properly focused. Clear shots with a bright background can be achieved without flash, even in dim lighting, when using the High Sensitivity mode. A Flash Assist mode is also available, which can compensate for areas of a shot which are badly illuminated. All three of the new cameras are capable of recording video at VGA size, 30 frames per second (28fps in the case of the EX-Z120). A Movie Editing option gives three options (beginning, middle, end) for cutting unwanted scenes from your movies.
The Exilim's quick start up time (the EX-Z120 is ready to take pictures in approximately 1.3 seconds, the EX-Z10 and EX-Z110 ready in approximately 1.5 seconds) is enhanced by easily accessible Direct On buttons, enabling fast start-up for quick shots and viewing of photos. Short release time lag is also a standard feature throughout the whole of the Exilim series, allowing pictures to be taken almost instantaneously so you need never miss another moment.
For enhanced user-friendliness, the EX-Z10, EX-Z110 and EX-Z120 use simple icon images on their mode dial and easy mode menu, making the cameras easy to use even for beginner digital camera users. Though these models are ideally suited for beginners, experienced photographers looking for more of a challenge can also benefit from the cameras - all three models support manual settings such as adjustable shutter speed and aperture, for more creative picture experimentation.
Features of the EX-Z10, EX-Z110 and EX-Z120 include:
1) The EX-Z120 has a 7.2 megapixel CCD (EX-Z110: 6.0 megapixel CCD; EX-Z10: 5.0 megapixel CCD) and 3x optical zoom
2) High quality images, high speed, and long lasting battery in a miniaturized package with EXILIM Engine image processing module
3) The latest version of the EXILIM Engine features Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring caused by shaking hands or moving subjects
4) Large 2.0 inch digital interface TFT LCD display
5) The EX-Z120 can take 170 still shots (EX-Z110: 180 shots; EX-Z10: 270 shots) on one battery charge according to CIPA standards
6) Stylish, compact and high grade body fits well in the hand
7) Zoom lever and shutter are combined into one
8) Run on AA batteries and have AV out port allowing quick and convenient image viewing on televisions
9) Manual setting allows adjustment of camera aperture, shutter speed and exposure for custom shots
10) Includes Photo Loader software facilitating easy transfer of pictures to a PC
11) Menu display language can be set to English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish and Chinese (simplified and traditional)
12) Compatible with PictBridge and USB Direct Print for direct connection to a printing device
13) Compatible with ExifPrint(Exif 2.2) as well as Print Image Matching