Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Use A ColorEdge Monitor To Emulate Devices - See how ColorEdge monitors can be used for device emulation.
Thanks to ColorNavigator 6, ColorEdge monitors can be used to emulate the colour of various digital devices such as tablet PCs and smartphones.
As each device displays colours differently, final results aren't always as expected. Here are several images which show the differences in the colours displayed by various devices:
By emulating the colour of various devices at the production stage, quality and efficiency will be improved as the colours you see / work with on your monitor will be the same as what your digital device shows.
Here's how you can emulate a device on a ColorEdge monitor with ColorNavigator 6. Here we are using an iPad but the same process can be applied to other digital devices.
- Start up ColorNavigator 6
- Create a profile for the iPad
- Select a measurement patch type (3D LUT or matrix)
- Initialise the spectrophotometer
- Configure the iPad
- Place the spectrophotometer on the iPad (measurement takes about two minutes)
- Save the results
- Create an adjustment target for emulating the iPad
- Adjust the monitor to match the iPad's results
- Save the adjustment results and begin the emulation
- Compare the results with what you see on the iPad and LCD screen
Visit the EIZO website to see the full range of ColorEdge monitors available.