Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
PChOOD now available in UK - Colour Confidence appointed as exclusive distributor of the PChOOD range of monitor hoods in the UK.
Europe’s leading independent colour management and digital imaging specialist, Colour Confidence, has today announced its appointment as the exclusive distributor for the full range of PChOOD monitor hoods in the UK and key European territories. This broad range of options provides the definitive way to shield light from any monitor display, creating an accurate environment for working with colour. Ideal for photographers and graphic designers, the full range is available now through the extensive Confident Reseller network or direct from the Colour Confidence website.
“The PChOOD range offers a definitive selection of monitor hoods which reduce glare and shield unwanted light from any monitor display and so improves on-screen colour consistency,” comments Simon Prais, Technical Director for Colour Confidence. “We are delighted to expand our portfolio with this product range, which offers our customers a range of options that make assessing on-screen colour simple and accurate."
The complete PChOOD range offers a selection of monitor hood solutions in a variety of sizes and designs for both PC and Macintosh, including:
- PChOOD Pro – A universal monitor hood, suitable for all LCD & CRT displays 15in – 26in
- PC Laptop Hood – Portable flat-pack hoods in black, for laptops in various sizes (PC and Mac)
- Mac Laptop Hood – Contemporary design, portable flat-pack, in matt silver effect to compliment Macintosh Laptops. In various sizes
- Mac Cinema Display Hood – Stylish, brushed aluminum hoods to compliment the aluminum Macintosh cinema display quality and finish.
- iMac Hood – Stylish, brushed aluminum hoods to compliment the aluminum iMac quality and finish
- Shield light from your monitor display, to provide optimum conditions for a colour accurate working environment
- Allows you to set your display brightness lower and subsequently saves up to 40% of power consumption, which extends monitor life (and laptop power) and is great for the environment
- Can help to reduce eye strain
- Provides confidentiality of work in progress
- Specially designed black velvet inner layer absorbs light and eliminates reflections
- Removable access cover, for use of a colour calibration device without removing the hood (on applicable models)
For more information please visit the Colour Confidence website.