Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Harman UK Student Photographic Competition 2012 - Harman is pleased to announce a competition for all UK photographic students.
Harman are looking for UK based photography students to enter their latest competition.
The theme is 'Beauty and the Beast' and judges will be looking for thought provoking images that show the diversity and contrasts that surround us each day, and that are original, imaginative, contemporary and powerful.
As in previous years there will be two categories, and students will be free to enter as many prints as they wish in one, or both categories. Category 1 is for photographs from conventional Ilford or Kentmere Black and White film and printed by the student on either ILFORD or Kentmere traditional Black and White papers. Category 2 is for inkjet prints from digital capture printed on Harman Crystaljet Elite RC inkjet paper.
In each category there will be prizes for the winner and a runner up.
- The Winners prize package will consist of:
- A certificate and the title of either Harman technology Student Photographer of the year (digital) or Ilford Photo Student Photographer of the year 2012 (darkroom)
- Winning image professionally printed and framed.
- A professionally printed portfolio containing 10 of their own images.
- £150 worth of product of their choice from Harman Express
The competition closes on 31 January 2013 and the winning images will be displayed on the Harman technology stand at Focus on Imaging 2013, at the NEC Birmingham from 3 to 6 March 2013.
Full details of the competition including "The Brief", Terms and Conditions, and Entry Forms can be downloaded from: Student Competition.