Corel has completed the acquisition of the Roxio business from Rovi Corporation which means it adds the Roxio product line, including the following well-known products, to its portfolio:
- Roxio Creator – Software to enhance, preserve, capture and share your digital media Roxio Toast– The ultimate multi-media toolkit for your Mac
- Roxio Game Capture – Software and hardware solution to record your console gameplay
- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD – Convert analogue video tapes to digital video for sharing on DVD, online and mobile devices
- Roxio CinePlayer DVD Decoder – Watch your favourite DVDs on Windows Media Player
- Roxio BackOnTrack Suite – Complete media protection solution that automatically keeps your memories safe and protects your PC from both hardware and software disasters
- Roxio Secure Products– Powerful encryption for optical media and USB flash drives
In a press release, Corel said: "With this acquisition, Corel will take advantage of its well-established global infrastructure to dramatically broaden distribution of Roxio products into new international markets. In addition, the company will draw upon the complementary video, photo, audio, and disc burning technologies found in both Roxio and Corel software to give users even more capabilities and further enhance Corel’s overall product portfolio. Corel also sees significant opportunities in combining the strengths of Corel’s and Roxio’s established retail and direct sales channels and large customer bases."
Shawn Cadeau, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing at Corel added: "We want Roxio’s customers and partners to know that these products are an important addition to our portfolio and they will have a great home with Corel. We look forward to bringing together the best of what Corel and Roxio have to offer as we work to deliver even richer, more rewarding experiences to our customers."
For more information on Corel, please visit Corel's website
. For more details on the Roxio product line, please visit Roxio