Corel® is happy to announce the release of its new Windows 8 app, Roxio® MediaBook™, now available through the Windows Store. MediaBook is the first Windows 8 app that enables consumers to easily combine their photos and videos with audio and text to create dynamic and interactive ebooks, perfect for the new Windows 8 devices.
“Roxio MediaBook was designed from scratch specifically for Windows 8 and its new generation of touch enabled devices,” said Matt DiMaria, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Digital Media at Corel. “Our goal is to provide consumers with a fun and entirely new way to experience their personal media and to share it with friends and family. Roxio MediaBook and Windows 8 are the perfect combination to provide customers with a natural and beautiful way to enjoy media on a tablet.”
“What makes Windows 8 innovative and fun is the fast and fluid user experience and intuitive touch gestures. Users can now interact with apps in a way they’ve never experienced before,” said John Richards, senior director of Windows App Marketing for Microsoft Corp. “MediaBook is not only designed with touch first in mind, it embraces it by taking full advantage of the features that make Windows 8 unique and innovative.”
About Roxio MediaBook Ultimate:
- Designed for Windows 8- Optimised for both touch as well as keyboard and mouse
- Create immersive media-rich eBooks - Use any variety of photos, audio, videos and text
- Add amazing effects and interactions with just a few clicks- Turn photos into puzzles, add voice narration, apply retro or other effects
- Make photos or videos just right with in app editors -Trim, straighten, rotate, stabilise and more
- Great Looks- Easily Beautiful template-driven page layouts
- Dual creation modes - Auto-create books based on media selection and exercise total creative control by selecting each page
- Easy to share - Share and publish MediaBooks locally or via SkyDrive or Email
Roxio MediaBook Ultimate is available immediately for £14.49 in the Windows Store
and MediaBook Plus is available for £3.49 via OEM storefronts. All versions are available in English, French, German, Italian and Japanese.