Corel's WinDVD Pro 11 software, which lets users watch Blu-ray discs and DVDs on their computers, now features a simplified user interface, expanded file format support, 2D to 3D conversion and improved battery life. The new release also features surround sound settings and SD to HD upscaling capabilities.
WinDVD Pro 11 Key Features include:
- Advanced 3D and Blu-ray playback technology: To ensure that you get the most out of your Blu-ray experience, WinDVD Pro 11 includes support for Blu-ray 3D, BD pop-up menus, BD-Live, BD-J, and digital audio output and mixing for BD-ROM discs.
- Performance optimisation: WinDVD Pro 11 is optimised for new CPUs and GPUs from NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD, which results in fast and fluid video playback. And for Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 laptop users, WinDVD offers power-saving technology that helps to ensure that the battery lasts the whole movie.
- Make 2D videos appear in 3D: Set WinDVD Pro 11 to automatically convert 2D movies to 3D. By analyzing the colour, position, and motion characteristics of 2D video, WinDVD Pro 11 can render the video in stereoscopic 3D with special compensations for vertical and horizontal stereoscopic vision. This feature supports 3D conversion for DVD-Video and both HD and SD video and because it leverages the GPU, CPU performance is not overly taxed.
- Uncluttered, intuitive interface: All the playback controls appear only when you hover over the viewing area. In addition, a convenient right-click menu provides quick access to additional audio settings and video navigation options, such as chapter, title, subtitle, caption, full screen, zoom, repeat, and shuffle.
- Playlists: Create custom playlists - add or remove files with a single click.
- TimeStretch: Modify playback speed without affecting stereo output or distorting the audio. TimeStretch is particularly useful when watching videos with a limited amount of available time, for example, during an airport layover.
- Extensive file format support: WinDVD Pro 11 supports an array of popular video file formats and containers, ensuring a crisp, vivid playback experience. Notable among the supported formats are DivX® for Windows 7, FLV, QuickTime, Windows Media® (WMV), DVD-Video, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MKV, MP4, and 3GP.
Pricing and Availability
Corel WinDVD Pro 11 is priced at £59.99 / €69.99. Owners of WinDVD Pro 9, WinDVD 2010 or WinDVD Pro 2010 can upgrade to WinDVD Pro 11 for £44.99 / €49.99.
For more information about the new version, please visit Corel