Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Get four for more - Software Upgrade for Spyder3 Elite and Spyder3Pro from Datacolor.
Datacolor, the global leader in digital colour management technology, today announced it will be offering Spyder3 Elite™ owners a feature enriched software upgrade available for download from the company’s global website. In addition, Spyder3Pro owners can take advantage of the upgrade to the new Spyder3Elite 4.0 solution in order to extend and improve their existing calibration system.
Spyder3 Elite 4.0 is designed for the way photographers work, bringing a new level of colour control to imaging. This powerful solution provides photographers with the tools to trust the on-screen colours, offering reliability and consistency on each of their LCD, laptops, and projectors. Award-winning Spyder3 hardware, with innovative new software features, makes this the ultimate solution for any serious photographer.
"From pro-sumers to professionals, photographers are becoming increasingly more aware, and are demanding robust solutions to improve the quality and consistency of their work," said Christoph Gamper, Vice President, Consumer Business Unit, Datacolor. "For this reason, we have enhanced Spyder3 Elite 4.0 with new innovative features and created a simple and cost-effective way for current users to obtain them without having to interrupt their workflow or purchase new equipment."
New features in the Spyder3 Elite 4.0 upgrade include:
- New Workflow Features - make it easier to find and use advanced controls.
- Software Brightness Control - allows owners of iMac and other displays with limited brightness controls, to work with these displays in more desirable, ambient environments, and to match them to other displays.
- Automated Brightness Adjustment - users no longer need to adjust front panel controls on Apple Cinema Displays, iMacs, MacBooks or PowerBooks. All brightness adjustments on these screens are done automatically by the software.
- Iterative Gray Balance Option - provides the most accurate gray balance algorithm available.
- Display Graphing - enables users to compare the gamut of multiple displays, as well as to standard colour spaces (sRGB and AdobeRGB), to help understand which colours the display can reproduce, and what limitations will occur when viewing files on a laptop instead of a desktop display.
- Monitor Quality Analyser - shows just how good a display actually is and can compare it to other displays using easy-to-read maps of the screen’s uniformity, allowing users to determine which areas of the screen are precise enough for the most demanding work.
Upgrade Spyder3Pro to Spyder3Elite™ 4.0
Spyder3Pro™ owners can upgrade to new Spyder3Elite™ 4.0 software, the most feature-rich calibration solution available today. In addition to the new features, users will benefit from multiple monitor matching to a single target, unlimited choices for monitor gamma and temperature, custom curves, and even calibration of front projector displays.
Availability and Pricing
Beginning March 21, the new software upgrade 4.0 for Spyder3Elite will be available for a low one-time cost of 16,- Euro (excl. VAT) via an instant download. To purchase, visit Datacolor.
For all Spyder3Elite owners who bought their packages in 2010, the Spyder3Elite 4.0 upgrade is free of charge.
The upgrade from Spyder3Pro to Spyder3Elite 4.0 will be available for a low one-time cost of 65,- Euro (excl. VAT) via an instant download, or as a DVD at your local dealer. To purchase, visit Datacolor.
As the leader in digital colour management technology with global operations that develop solutions chosen by leading brands, manufacturers, professional photographers and studios, Datacolor works with partners and distributors to deliver its intuitive tools to desktops worldwide.