PortraitPro 12 HALF PRICE + EXTRA 10% OFF code EPZROS612

Die Cast Aluminium Clip To Fasten DSLR To Your Trousers

Die Cast Aluminium Clip To Fasten DSLR To Your Trousers - Will photographers like the Capture Camera Clip System and swap their camera straps for one?

Category : Misc

Capture Camera Clip

If you're looking for an alternative way to carry your DSLR around, take a look at the Capture Camera Clip System – a new device in the making that lets you clip your DSLR to belts on trousers and backpack straps. Your camera's accessed easily thanks to the built-in quick release system and the redundant twist lock will stop the camera falling off if you press the quick release button unintentionally.

The device is made from die cast aluminium parts and there are plans to release an attachment that lets you fix your camera to non-flexible objects such as bike handlebars and roof racks.

Peter Dering, the Camera Clip System creator said on the kickstarter website: "Capture can adapt to just about any activity. I've taken my camera downhill skiing with Capture, and it works great (though you should connect your backpack's chest strap across the lens barrel if you want to do this).  It's really up to you to decide what activities you want to use it for...Capture will hold your camera...that I can assure you."

The Camera Clip System will retail at around $70.00 when it's released in July. If you'd like to pre-order a unit and support Peter's project, you can through its Kickstarter campaign.

Comments

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
7 May 2011 8:56AM
Can imagine that being very uncomfortable and having a pull to one side with the weight of a body and lens hanging off your belt.

BigRick 8 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
7 May 2011 9:59AM
....not to mention the fact that it will pull your trousers down in the middle of the park or somewhere equally embarassing!
7 May 2011 10:12AM
Big Bri 13 15.5k England
7 May 2011 10:34AM
And looks quite easy for someone who knows how the quick release works to nick your camera.
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
7 May 2011 11:24AM
On the other hand it might promote some sort of Photographic Shoot Out competition.....Grin

" Go For Your Cam, But Go For It Slow " .....Smile

Seriously though, When will the world and his autie get fed up with trying to invent new ways to part peeps from thier cash.

Gadgets photographic have gone completely mad over the last 5 to 6 years, Perhaps some of these companies believe we are all over paid idiots, Who just love wasting money on new bits for the bag, Most will end up in the bin or on ebay.

Rant over....Wink Of to re-invent the wheel now.....Tongue
7 May 2011 11:40AM
I like the idea of the "Camera shoot out" sounds like a good laugh.
But I work in the construction industry with tool belts etc and you can do a bit of damage with the claw hammer sticking out the belt , So i would say this idea is a Money spinner for the whiz kids who invented it but I won't buy one personally.
Chaitanya 4 14 1 India
7 May 2011 1:43PM
I would rather use a black rapid based strap or a lowepro waist packs rather than this.
hollkj e2
9 183 United Kingdom
7 May 2011 2:35PM
I have enough problem keeping my trousers up as it is without hanging a couple of Kg extra from them. Not only that with a 600mm lens attached to the camera I'd feel a bit like this:
linky

Grin
tpfkapm 3 133 United Kingdom
7 May 2011 4:09PM
any kit with any weight will be at the least uncomfortable at the most pull your trousers down

stick with black rapid or sun sniperSmile
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
7 May 2011 9:33PM

Quote: Gadgets photographic have gone completely mad over the last 5 to 6 years

You aint kiddin' Vince. I will always remain stunned at the gullibility of the public...

(The theme from that epic film 'High Noon' heard very, very quietly in background... Wink)
imajery21 5 9 Wales
8 May 2011 9:38AM
Anyone want to invent something useful and cheap?

Anyone.......Grin
lemmy 7 1.8k United Kingdom
8 May 2011 11:14AM
Too vulnerable.
tomcat e2
8 5.8k 15 United Kingdom
8 May 2011 7:44PM
The last thing I want is something loaded to my beltSad
10 May 2011 1:49AM

Quote: I'd be more worried I'd bash the camera walking though a door, or past a wall. I'm bashing my elbows that way all the time.

. And so would I.