Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Digital Anarchy Beauty Box 3.0 Plugin Announced - Digital Anarchy has released a new version of Beauty Box Photo, the skin retouching plugin.
Digital Anarchy has announced Beauty Box Photo 3.0, a significant update of their award-winning Digital Makeup skin retouching plug-in for Photoshop and Aperture.
Version 3.0 gives an amazing speed increase by using OpenCL, a new technology that runs on ATI and Nvidia graphics cards. The plugin also introduces new smoothing and masking algorithms that improves automatic masking, and adds shine removal for hot spots on skin areas. There are now over 30 preset Styles that photographers can choose from to make things even easier when getting the perfect look.
"With this release we had two big goals, increase the speed and improving the retouching at the same time, and add presets to allow a variety of styles and looks.“ said Jim Tierney, President of Digital Anarchy. “Beauty Box is now about 300% faster on most video cards and the Digital Makeup works better than ever. We've also added over 30 different styles, so you can apply all sorts of great effects to your portraits. The speed really helps with photographers and labs trying to process a large number of images."
- Fast Rendering: A complete rewrite of the skin-smoothing algorithm means Beauty Box renders quickly on ATI and NVIDIA cards.
- Preset Styles: Give your photos a fashion look, by applying any of the over 30 preset effects.
- Shine Removal: Get rid of hot spots caused by shiny skin and bright lights! This feature dramatically reduces the effect of poor lighting conditions.
- Better Masking: The skin tone recognition algorithm has been redesigned for a better automatic masking process and improved automatic retouching.
- Multiple Host Apps: Support for Photoshop, Aperture, and Photoshop Elements.
For more information, visit the Digital Anarchy website.