Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Douglas Grey Card Available In ePHOTOzine Shop - The Douglas Grey Card Mark II is available in the ePHOTOzine Shop for just £16.99 with postage and packaging to the UK.
The universal Douglas Grey Card Mark II covers all the angles, whether you are using flash, natural, tungsten or warm fluorescent lighting, negative film, transparencies or digital. Grey cards have a number of functions and they are an indispensable part of a serious photographer’s tool kit, whether it's:
- Exposure Measurement
- Contrast Measurement
- Colour Balancing
- White Balance
The Douglas Grey Card Mark II combines the most advanced principles and materials with ease of use – right down to one click colour balance when using PaintShop Pro or PhotoShop. The universal Douglas Grey Card Mark II covers all the angles, whether using flash, natural, tungsten or warm fluorescent lighting, negative film, transparencies or digital.
As well as being the most advanced card on the market, the Douglas Grey Card Mark II is probably unique in its easy-to-follow guide. Everything you will ever need to know with hints and tips on how to use the Douglas to get the best out of hand-held or TTL metering, how to improve bracketing techniques – even how to re-calibrate your meter or your exposures and lots of insider know-how on how to get the most out of digital photography. The Douglas Grey Card has many features that make it stand out amongst the competition including:
- No artificial brighteners – which can distort exposure
- Advanced, tough synthetic material – for years of use
- Stain-free – unlike traditional card, the Douglas can be written on with a Chinagraph pencil or suitable markers, then cleaned with mild detergent or spray cleaner
- Reflects the same proportion of all colours of light falling – including ultra-violet and the limit of visible red
- More neutral reflectance than rival products – under the widest range of illumination, including tungsten, daylight, flash and warm fluorescent tubes
- Trusted scientific principles – with new materials to provide better colour balancing of digital and conventional materials
- Folded, the 'Douglas' is about A5 size – (8 1/2" x 6" / 210mm x 150mm) to fit snugly in your camera bag. Fully opened it is large enough to fill a 35mm camera viewfinder at 40 cm/1 ft 6 ins with a 50mm lens