Breeze Systems announce the immediate availability of DSLR Remote Pro v1.5 for controlling Canon EOS cameras on Microsoft Windows. This innovative and highly regarded remote control application now controls Canon's new EOS 40D and 1D Mark III cameras. DSLR Remote Pro v1.5 has the unique ability to autofocus the 40D and 1D Mark III from a PC using a contrast detection algorithm on the large remote live view display.
New in DSLR Remote Pro v1.5
Canon EOS 1D Mark III and 40D users can use DSLR Remote Pro v1.5 to view full frame live images on a PC screen, autofocus at a distance from the camera using the remote live image, and focus manually from a PC with the mouse wheel or using the cursor keys. Fine control over focus is obtained using the large live view image and the ability to zoom to pixel level and view the magnified detail live on the PC screen. Lining up panorama shots and stop frame animation is made easier using DSLR Remote Pro v1.5's unique onion skinning ability combined with the remote live view.
Breeze Systems expect to add support for the new Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III with similar live view functionality later this year.
DSLR Remote Pro also allows professionals using Canon's EOS-1D Mark III, 1D Mark II, 1Ds Mark II, 5D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, 400D/Rebel XTi, 350D.Rebel XT and 300D/Rebel cameras to
- See large high quality previews of shots an a PC within seconds
- Gain unrivalled control of settings for Canon cameras during tethered operation
- Control single or multiple cameras from a PC or laptop*
- Automatically download images from single or multiple cameras to a PC*
- Shoot images and store them directly on the PC's hard disk
- Automatically add IPTC data to images as they are downloaded
- Enable customers to view pictures while continuing to shoot
- Automatically bracket up to 15 shots by varying the shutter speed or aperture
- Increase control for time lapse photography
*Multiple camera support available only for Canon EOS-1D Mark III, 40D, 30D and 400D/Rebel XTi cameras.
DSLR Remote Pro supports the tethered operation of the following Canon cameras: EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS 5D, EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 20D, EOS 10D, EOS 400D/Digital Rebel XTi, EOS 350D/Digital Rebel XT, EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds and EOS 300D/Digital Rebel.
DSLR Remote Pro is software developed by Breeze Systems for Canon EOS digital SLR cameras. The program runs on Windows Vista, Windows XP, 2000, ME or 98 SE and is available on a free 15 day trial. DSLR Remote Pro is available exclusively from Breeze Systems' website http://www.breezesys.com/ for US $95. The price includes one year's free upgrades. This release is a free upgrade for all registered users who purchased a license within the last year.