Canon, world-leader in imaging solutions, has been presented with three highly respected awards by the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) – Europe’s premier consumer technology awards association. The Canon EOS 500D won European SLR Camera 2009-2010, the Canon EOS 5D Mark II was recognised as the European Advanced Camera 2009-2010 and the Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II was awarded European Photo Printer 2009-2010. This trio of awards underlines Canon’s ongoing commitment to designing and developing innovative products.
“Canon is delighted to be honoured by the EISA judges once again,
” said Alessandro Stanzani Deputy Head of Canon Consumer Imaging, Europe. “It’s particularly satisfying to have gained recognition from EISA for both camera and printer products – reflecting Canon’s continuing commitment to drive imaging excellence across the board.
European SLR Camera 2009-2010: Canon EOS 500D
Commenting on the Canon EOS 500D the EISA judging panel said, “The Canon EOS 500D is an excellent DSLR for both novices and advanced amateur photographers alike. The camera provides extra versatility via its good Live View system, and the large and high-resolution LCD monitor. The camera’s image quality is excellent and noise is well controlled even at high ISO settings. The quality of the HD video mode is so impressive that it might provoke the beginning of a new movie-making hobby for some users.
Key features of the Canon EOS 500D:
European Advanced Camera 2009-2010: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- 15.1Mp APS-C CMOS sensor.
- Full HD movie recording with HDMI connection for viewing and playback on an HDTV.
- ISO 100-3200 (expandable to 12800).
- 3.4 frames per second continuous shooting.
- Max. 170 large JPEG images in a single burst.
- 3.0in ClearView LCD with Live View mode.
- 9-point wide area AF with cross type centre point.
- High speed DIGIC 4 performance and superb image quality.
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System.
- Full compatibility with Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites.
Commenting on the Canon EOS 5D Mark II the EISA judging panel said, “The Canon EOS 5D Mark II is a worthy successor of the EOS 5D. The principle features remain the same: a full-frame sensor in a relatively compact body, but Canon has added extra professional features such as sealing against the ingress of dust and moisture and functions like Live View, sensor cleaning and a 1080p HD-movie mode. Despite the increased resolution of 21 million pixels, Canon has been able to reduce noise levels to below those of the 5D, which is a great achievement.
Key features of the Canon EOS 5D Mark II:
European Photo Printer 2009-2010: Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II
- New 21.1Mp CMOS sensor with improved EOS Integrated Cleaning System (E.I.C.S.)
- New Full HD 1080 resolution movie recording.
- 3.9 frames per second continuous shooting.
- High performance DIGIC 4 providing superb image quality.
- Maximum 310 large JPEG images in a single burst with a UDMA card.
- 3.0in VGA (920k dots) Clear View LCD.
- ISO 100-6400 (expansion from 50 up to 25,600).
- 9 AF points + 6 Assist AF points.
Commenting on the Canon EOS 500D the EISA judging panel said, “As the quality of digital cameras accelerates in detail and colour reproduction, so the demands on desktop printers increases. Photographers need improved accuracy, speed and convenience, and Canon’s PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II A3+ inkjet printer delivers all three. With 48-bit processing this updated model is able to reproduce a much wider range of colours, and allows photographers to print raw files directly from Canon’s DPP raw conversion software package. A constant ink droplet size of 2pl ensures even the finest detail is rendered accurately, while providing the potential to produce much smoother tonal and colour transitions.
Key features of the Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II:
- A3+ & 14in wide professional inkjet printer.
- Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi resolution with 2pl drop size and FINE print head technology.
- 8-colour ChromaLife100 Single-Inks system.
- Wide range of Canon and third-party media support.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plug-in software included.
- Ambient Light Correction feature.
- 16-bits per channel photo printing.
- DVD/CD printing.
For more information please visit the Canon