Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
EIZO Announces New Lineup Of ColorEdge Monitors - New EIZO lineup consists of three series and five models.
EIZO have launched its new lineup of ColorEdge monitors. The new lineup consists of three series and five models. The three series contains different feature sets, options, and price points for their intended audiences, but each retain the hallmarks common and trusted to all ColorEdge monitors such as hardware calibration, brightness uniformity, and adjusting the gamma curve of each model on the EIZO factory line before shipping.
The three product series are as follows:
- CG Series - The CG series is carried over from the current ColorEdge lineup and will continue to be targeted at professionals in photography, prepress, video editing, post production, and other graphics fields requiring the most advanced monitors available. Common features include easy maintenance with an in-built SelfCalibration sensor, a wide colour space, bundled calibration software, ColorNavigator, and shading hood, and several preset modes for common broadcast standards. The new models include the 27 inch ColorEdge CG276 and 24.1 inch ColorEdge CG246.
- CX Series - This new series is targeted at Mid-range series for professionals, prosumers and trade schools in photography and design. It comes with a newly designed in-built SelfCorrection sensor that maintains the calibration results after the monitor has been calibrated by an external sensor. It covers most of the Adobe RGB colour space. Calibration software and shading hood are available as options. The first models in this series include the ColorEdge CX270 (27 inch) and ColorEdge CX240 (24.1 inch).
- CS Series - This series is also new to the ColorEdge lineup and is targeted at entry level users in photography and design. Like the CX series, it comes with an in-built SelfCorrection sensor, but a narrower colour space covering most of sRGB. The first CS series model is the ColorEdge CS230 (23 inch).
The in-built SelfCorrection sensor of the CX and CS series is also housed within the monitors bezel. With the optional EIZO ColorNavigator software, the sensor offers easy maintenance by adjusting the monitor to a calibration result previously obtained using ColorNavigator and an external sensor.
With the CG and CX series, EIZO has added two technological innovations to improve image stability. The first is a great reduction of more than 75% from the original 30 minutes to now just seven minutes for the brightness and chromaticity to stabilise after the monitor is powered on. The other is EIZO’s DUE (digital uniformity equaliser) function which corrects uniformity errors in brightness like in previous ColorEdge monitors, but now also keeps the monitor’s colour temperature and brightness stable in an environment with fluctuating ambient temperature changes such as an outdoor photo shoot.
All ColorEdge monitors come with one DVI-I, HDMI, and DisplayPort terminal each for connecting to different types of graphics boards. HDMI offers the additional benefit of direct connection with digital cameras. A USB hub with two upstream and two downstream ports are also included.
- 10-bit display (more than 1 billion colors simultaneously) via the DisplayPort input.
- Ergonomic stand on all models with tilt, swivel, portrait mode, and height adjustment.
- 3D look-up table on all models for better additive color mixture and device emulation on CG series models.
- I/P (interlace/progressive) conversion on CG and CX series models.
- Mercury-free LED backlight with CG246, CX240, and CS230.
- Five-years manufacturer’s warranty including the LCD panel for all models and a 12-month pixel defect warranty for the CG series.