Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

ePHOTOzine's on facebook

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Category: Industry News

Join ePHOTOzine on facebook - Be one of the first 1000 people to join ePHOTOzine on facebook and you could win a foliopic website and an ePHOTOzine camera strap.

Posted:
Print Article Add Comment Add CommentJargon Buster: Off Jargon Buster: Off
ePHOTOzine's facebook page has well over 500 followers but to get more of you involved we've decided, as a bit of fun, to give a foliopic website and an ePHOTOzine camera strap to one of our first 1000 followers.

As soon as we reach 1000 followers, we will do a random pick of the existing 1000 and one lucky person will win.

Good luck!

If you're not yet a follower, visit ePHOTOzine's facebook page now to join.

ePHOTOzine

Web: www.ephotozine.com
Tel: 01909 512111

Datacolor Introduces SpyderHD

New Datacolor Calibration Suite

Datacolor introduces a new top-of-the-line calibration suite...

JVCKENWOOD Declares Support For Micro Four Thirds Standard

JVCKENWOOD Join Micro Four Thirds Standard

JVCKENWOOD corporation has declared support for the Micro Fo...

Mary Ellen Mark To Receive Outstanding Contribution To Photography Award

Mary Ellen Mark To Be Awarded At SWPA 2014

Mary Ellen Mark is to be honoured at the Sony World Photogra...

Comments

User_Removed
4 May 2010 - 6:36 PM

Quote: Join ePHOTOzine on facebook

Why?

This is the site - not Facebook. I appreciate that the visibility/marketing is excellent but...

'Join'?

Where's the point if you are already a member of EPZ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
4 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
4 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

I would have thought facebook was more of a threat than an friend. Does it not encourage more traffic away from the site?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 9:11 AM

John we've had a Facebook Group for a number of years, we decided to create a fan page so we could be more interactive with the Facebook community. It's one of the things companies do for visibility.

The members of ePHOTOzine who join the Facebook fan page and then contribute to that page will spread awareness to the wider Facebook community, anyone who has an interest in photography could then pick up on one of these messages from any one of the viral spread and find ePHOTOzine through the Facebook links.

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

Good luck regardless. I guess I am just one of the people who do not get Facebook/Twitter.

Must be old farts disease kicking in Smile

User_Removed
5 May 2010 - 7:01 PM

Quote: Must be old farts disease kicking in

That said, Twitter is useful for private, direct messaging where email is OTT. I use it occasionally and find it very useful - albeit I 'broadcast' a Tweet (pmsl!) infrequently.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 5 May 2010 - 7:02 PM
Pete
5 May 2010 - 8:05 PM

Quote: No John - it's being sensible where Facebook is concerned; the place is a nightmare.

With all due respect Mike, Facebook has over 400million users so I'm not sure it's really a nightmare.

User_Removed
5 May 2010 - 9:04 PM

Do you use it Pete?

I joined last month - and the algorithms had people that I have NEVER met suggesting to those people that I may know them...

WTF!!!!

As a marketing tool..??? Yes - but with GREAT reservations for younger, less-informed and vulnerable members.

As a contact media? NO WAY. - especially in the light of what that link reveals.

User_Removed
5 May 2010 - 9:05 PM

EDIT:

Needless to say I terminated my membership.

There are VERY limited controls available.

User_Removed
5 May 2010 - 9:25 PM

EDIT II:

BTW...

Kim Jong-il has a few followers too Pete.

Does that make him a great Politician..??

pcwillows
pcwillows  1129 forum posts United Kingdom
5 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Guess Mike doesn't like FB then! Smile

Pete
5 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Quote: Guess Mike doesn't like FB then!

What gave you that idea ...lol

Quote: Do you use it Pete?

Yes. I have made many very good friends through out my years in the industry. They are all over the country and it's easy at a glance to see what they are up to. So Facebook has been a useful observation machine for me for the last three or four years. I don't use it to tell everyone what I had for breakfast though.

MikeA
MikeA  91134 forum posts England
6 May 2010 - 2:30 PM

What is Face Book?

User_Removed
7 May 2010 - 6:44 PM

Quote: So Facebook has been a useful observation machine for me for the last three or four years. I don't use it to tell everyone what I had for breakfast though.

Ah! So you DO understand what I mean about FB Pete.

Wink