ePHOTOzine's on facebook

ePHOTOzine's on facebook - Be one of the first 1000 people to join ePHOTOzine on facebook and you could win a foliopic website and an ePHOTOzine camera strap.

Category : Industry News

ePHOTOzine's facebook page has well over 500 followers but to get more of you involved we've decided, as a bit of fun, to give a foliopic website and an ePHOTOzine camera strap to one of our first 1000 followers.

As soon as we reach 1000 followers, we will do a random pick of the existing 1000 and one lucky person will win.

Good luck!

If you're not yet a follower, visit ePHOTOzine's facebook page now to join.

Comments

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
4 May 2010 6:36PM

Quote: Join ePHOTOzine on facebook

Why?

This is the site - not Facebook. I appreciate that the visibility/marketing is excellent but...

'Join'?

Where's the point if you are already a member of EPZ?

strawman 10 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
4 May 2010 11:51PM
I would have thought facebook was more of a threat than an friend. Does it not encourage more traffic away from the site?
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
5 May 2010 9:11AM
John we've had a Facebook Group for a number of years, we decided to create a fan page so we could be more interactive with the Facebook community. It's one of the things companies do for visibility.

The members of ePHOTOzine who join the Facebook fan page and then contribute to that page will spread awareness to the wider Facebook community, anyone who has an interest in photography could then pick up on one of these messages from any one of the viral spread and find ePHOTOzine through the Facebook links.
strawman 10 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
5 May 2010 12:57PM
Good luck regardless. I guess I am just one of the people who do not get Facebook/Twitter.

Must be old farts disease kicking in Smile
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
5 May 2010 7:01PM

Quote: Must be old farts disease kicking in

That said, Twitter is useful for private, direct messaging where email is OTT. I use it occasionally and find it very useful - albeit I 'broadcast' a Tweet (pmsl!) infrequently.
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
5 May 2010 8:05PM

Quote: No John - it's being sensible where Facebook is concerned; the place is a nightmare.

With all due respect Mike, Facebook has over 400million users so I'm not sure it's really a nightmare.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
5 May 2010 9:04PM
Do you use it Pete?

I joined last month - and the algorithms had people that I have NEVER met suggesting to those people that I may know them...

WTF!!!!

As a marketing tool..??? Yes - but with GREAT reservations for younger, less-informed and vulnerable members.

As a contact media? NO WAY. - especially in the light of what that link reveals.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
5 May 2010 9:05PM
EDIT:

Needless to say I terminated my membership.

There are VERY limited controls available.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
5 May 2010 9:25PM
EDIT II:

BTW...

Kim Jong-il has a few followers too Pete.

Does that make him a great Politician..??
pcwillows 11 31 United Kingdom
5 May 2010 10:21PM
Guess Mike doesn't like FB then! Smile
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
5 May 2010 11:21PM

Quote: Guess Mike doesn't like FB then!

What gave you that idea ...lol

Quote: Do you use it Pete?

Yes. I have made many very good friends through out my years in the industry. They are all over the country and it's easy at a glance to see what they are up to. So Facebook has been a useful observation machine for me for the last three or four years. I don't use it to tell everyone what I had for breakfast though.
MikeA 9 1.2k England
6 May 2010 2:30PM
What is Face Book?
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
7 May 2010 6:44PM

Quote: So Facebook has been a useful observation machine for me for the last three or four years. I don't use it to tell everyone what I had for breakfast though.

Ah! So you DO understand what I mean about FB Pete.

Wink