Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Epson announce Stylus Photo 935 - new flagship standalone photo printer - No-PC required photo printing gets better with Epson's flagship standalone photo printer
Epson announces its flagship high quality standalone photo printer for the home and professional digital camera owner featuring USB Direct Print Technology - the Stylus Photo 935.
The Epson Stylus Photo 935 is the first printer on the market to feature new USB Direct Print technology, which allows printing direct from a digital camera - without the need for the removal of memory cards. This Epson developed standard enables quick and easy direct printing from an increasing number of leading manufacturers digital cameras*.
With the support of SD media the Epson Stylus Photo 935 allows users to read photos directly from 6 different types of memory card - without the need for adaptors. Connectivity options are completed by the optional support of Bluetooth** technology, which makes the Stylus Photo 935 capable of exchanging data with other Bluetooth devices. Finally, via the 2nd USB port the Stylus Photo 935 allows users to print photos from an externally connected CD-ROM device and also to archive photos from a memory card to a CD-R.
Replacing the Stylus Photo 925, the new A4 6-colour model has an optional 2.5-inch preview monitor that allows users to easily preview and select their images. The on-board LCD user interface controls the many functions of the product and has been designed for intuitive, user-friendly operation. With a text style display, the new interface intelligently takes the user step by step through the image selection and layout process in an easy to follow format.
Priced at 229 the printer is able to produce prints that look and feel like traditional photo-lab photos thanks to the roll paper printing and edge-to-edge printing which comes as standard. To complete this continuous print solution, the Stylus Photo 935 offers a built-in cutter for automatically trimming roll media as it exits the printer, producing professionally finished photos without the need for additional cropping.
Capable of printing up to 5760 optimised dpi (on selected media), this product will provide the highest definition and fine detail for photo printing.
Epson Stylus Photo 935 Features Summary
- Stand alone printing via built-in slots that directly accept Compact Flash (I & II), Smart Media, Memory Stick, SD, MultiMedia & MicroDrive memory cards without adaptors
- USB Direct Printing with supporting Digital Cameras for instant photo prints without the need of a computer
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth** to supported digital cameras, PCs and notebooks
- Industry leading resolution of 5760 optimised dpi for highest quality photo printing
- Back up memory cards directly to CD Writer via external USB port
- Optional 2.5-inch monitor for previewing images prior to printing 99
- Borderless edge-to-edge printing for instant photo-lab style prints
- Automatic cutter for continuous roll media finishing
- 6 Color inks for photo quality printing as standard
- Variable Sized Droplet Technology for excellent quality prints at high speeds
- Epson PhotoQuicker 3.4 for simple print layout and finishing options
- Epson Print Image Framer for creative photo printing
- Epson PRINT Image Matching II for faithful reproduction of digital camera
- High speed throughput - up to 8.5ppm black text and 8.5ppm colour
- Intellidge Chip for intelligent ink level monitoring
- Resealable valve enables partially used ink cartridges to be retained for
- 25 years lightfastness with Epson Photo Media (Epson test conditions apply)
- USB connectivity for extensive Windows and Macintosh compatibility
- Stylus Photo 935 will be available from June 1st 2003
- Guide Price - 229 RRP ex vat
* USB Direct Print Digital Camera Manufacturers currently supporting USB Direct
Print in Europe: Nikon Corporation
Casio Computer Co. Ltd
Minolta Co. Ltd
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd (Panasonic)
Asahi Optical Co. Ltd (Pentax)
** Bluetooth support available on Stylus Photo 935 where compatible Bluetooth devices are available; Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong.