Leading projector manufacturer Epson have launched the EMP-400W, an ultra-short throw, compact and light-weight projector ideal for camera club and photographic studio presentations, especially within small meeting areas. The projector is able to deliver a clear and sharp focussed 60 inch picture at just 65cm from the projection surface, eliminating the risk of shadows that can be caused by presenters standing between the projection unit and the screen. The Epson EMP-400W is an ideal presentation tool to display digital photographs at their best.
Graeme Davidson, Product Manager - Business Projectors, Epson UK, commented, “Versatility and ease-of-use are primary concerns for organisations when choosing a projector as they can be used by a number of people and need to operate within a range of environments. Ultra-short throw projectors are the perfect answer for clubs, societies and photographic studios that require sharp, high-quality presentation facilities within smaller spaces."
“The EMP-400W incorporates a specially designed wide angle lens that enables the projector to create crystal clear images over exceptionally short ranges. This innovative technology ensures that the shortening of the projection distance is not to the detriment of the image quality – essential when demonstrating photographic work.”
The EMP-400W features an Epson exclusive Twin Optimised Reflecting Lamp (E-TORL), which ensures optimum energy efficiency, providing both cost savings and environmental benefits. E-TORL technology ensures the Epson EMP-400W delivers exceptionally bright and sharp images by effectively eliminating light leakage and minimising light diffraction. Additionally the EMP-400W requires no cool down time and incorporates Direct Power On and Off functions that allow users to switch the device off after use without waiting.
If permanently installed, the EMP-400W can be networked for added ease of use and flexibility. Epson’s EasyMP network monitoring technology gives advance notice of any potential maintenance required, eliminating the expense, inconvenience and time spent solving any problems after they occur. A web browser generates email alerts and provides essential information including the temperature status or when air filters or projector lamps need to be changed. The same EasyMP technology can also be used to remotely power on and off individual projectors or the whole fleet as required or at a pre-programmed time. This ensures that projectors are not left running over night wasting energy and using up lamp hours. Both the air filter and lamp can be changed without removing the projector from its mounting.
The EMP-400W is a native WXGA resolution model at 1280 x 800 resolution, following the widescreen trend in laptop and desktop PCs. This is ideal for displaying landscape photography or any wide format presentation. Ease of use and flexibility are enhanced with automatic 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 aspect ratio detection for compatibility with any device. The projector also includes a powerful, built-in 10W speaker meaning DVDs and multimedia presentations can be played to audiences without external speakers.
Epson EMP-400W key features summary:
- Ultra-short Throw: 60in at 0.65m (WXGA) or 60in at 0.73m (XGA)
- Native WXGA 3LCD panel – 1280 x 800px
- Automatic 4:3 / 16:10 / 16:9 detection and resizing for increased flexibility
- Epson exclusive low wattage E-TORL lamp (170W UHE)
- Long lamp life: up to 4000 hours (economy mode)
- Keystone correction +/- 15°
- Eight colour modes: PC, photo, presentation, theatre, game, sRGB, blackboard, text, sport
- Integrated 10W in-built speaker, perfect for small to mid-sized meeting rooms
- Noise level: 28db
- PC inputs: 2
- Network monitoring and control with Epson EMP Monitor software
- Direct Power On / Off functions (no cool down time required)
- Compact weight and size (WxDxH): 3.6kg (327x 258x 95 mm)
- Lens-side air filter and downward facing lamp change for ease of maintenance
- Kensington security lock hole and security cable bar
- Pin-code security on start-up and operation lock levels
- Three year warranty
- Available January 2008 - £999 ex. VAT