Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Projectors for desktop - The powerful EMP-X5 and EMP-S5 projectors boast premium quality images and high brightness. Combining increased security, high performance and low-cost usability, they brighten all business and education environments.
Epson announce the launches two new desktop projectors. The EMP-X5 features 2200 ANSI lumens of brightness and a XGA resolution of 1024 x 768, while the EMP-S5 features 2000 ANSI lumens and a SVGA resolution of 800 x 600 pixels. Both models offer the quality and security features typically associated with higher range projectors combined with an affordable price tag. They feature advanced security with password protection and a security bar to ensure peace of mind. The improved E-TORL lamp-life makes the EMP-X5 and EMP-S5 economical choices for small businesses and education users. The fashionable two-tone white and silver grey design also provides a touch of style to the boardroom or classroom.
High performance and functionality are fundamental to the EMP-X5 and EMP-S5. To assist in a smooth, stress free and speedy set up, Quick Start enables start up in as little as five seconds, ideal for when time is limited. Equally, the Instant Off feature means the projector can be tidied away immediately without having to wait for it to cool down. A further feature includes the Easy-Use remote control, with three zones to help identify the necessary buttons for each stage of the process: preparation, setting and presentation.
Maintaining the attention of the audience is crucial to a successful presentation. Epson’s A/V Mute Slide function allows the presenter to pause and mute projection instantly and easily by simply closing the lens slide - perfect when the presenter wishes to remove attention from the screen or write notes on a white board. The slide also acts as a built-in lens cover to protect the lens when in transit.
The EMP-X5 and EMP-S5 offer improved security with the inclusion of a tough security bar, Kensington Lock connection and password protection. These features provide peace of mind when used in high traffic environments, such as offices and schools. Cost effectiveness is also provided due to longer lamp-life and low power consumption ensuring presentations will be more energy efficient than ever before.
In addition to its increased luminescence, the EMP-X5 benefits from Auto Keystone correction, a unique feature among equivalent competitor models, which ensures that set up is hassle-free. By using the one-touch front foot to adjust the angle of the projector, the screen will automatically square itself and correct any screen distortion, guaranteeing perfect images every time.
Graeme Davidson, Product Manager, Epson UK, says, “Our EMP-X5 and EMP-S5 projectors are essential kit for any small office or classroom. With Epson’s 3LCD technology and convenient and reliable functionality, it is easy to achieve premium quality viewing at an affordable price. The improved brightness and longer lamp-life ensure lasting luminescence. What’s more the sleek two-tone design conveys a professional image to match the quality of the presentations.”
Epson EMP-X5 and EMP-S5 key features summary:
- Robust and lightweight portability for mobile presenting
- Sleek and stylish two-tone design
- Epson 3LCD technology for brighter images, more accurate colour reproduction and finer grey scaling
- Improved brightness
- Longer life E-TORL lamp for high performance and improved longevity
- Instant Off and quick start set-up for stress free presentations
- A/V Mute Slide for control and flexibility
- Easy to position your image with vertical keystone correction, -30 to +30 degrees
- Connect to a range of input sources, video, S-Video, RGB
- Low power consumption for greater energy efficiency
- 4000 hour long-life lamp for more economical presenting
- Password protection and Kensington Lock connection features for increased security
- Soft carrying case for added protection in transit
Epson EMP-X5 additional features summary:
- Brightness of 2200 ANSI lumens
- Native XGA 1024 x 768 pixels
- Auto-keystone correction for smooth, clear images
Epson EMP-S5 additional features summary:
- Brightness of 2000 ANSI lumens
- Native SGA 800 x 600 pixels
The EMP-X5 will be available inMay 2007 at a RRPof £649 including VAT £649. The EMP-S5 will be available in June 2007 at £499 including VAT.