Accurate colour representation is no longer reliant on colour management experts - with Gemini 3 this is all part of the comprehensive support package. Epson engineers install and calibrate the system from computer screen to printer enabling the photographer to print with total confidence achieving quick, accurate and hassle free results at the click of a button.
The Gemini 3 is a complete in-studio portrait printing system offering increased flexibility and productivity. The Epson Professional Portrait Printing System (PPPS) is designed to give photographers complete control of the entire production process, including addressing the critical issues of colour accuracy.
Building on the success of its predecessor Gemini, Epson's Gemini 3 includes Epsons UltraChrome K3 ink set. This innovative ink set has three black inks and full set of colour inks, offering the ultimate in both black & white and colour printing. The three black inks offer more neutral gradations in colour and black & white prints, for the life-like reproduction of skin tones required by professional photographers. The third black ink - light light black - gives excellent greyscale performance and smoother tonal reproduction for the ultimate in high quality printing.
With the new ink set and greater flexibility, Gemini 3 supports a variety of media, from lustre and gloss through to canvas and fine art, to preserve high value sales of prints up to A2 size.
Offering a complete in-house solution, Gemini 3 incorporates a bespoke version of the Epson Stylus Pro 4800, full editing and enhancing software, an on-board PC server with LCD screen and a free-standing cabinet ensuring that the entire photo printing process is neatly contained - optimising studio space and giving users faster image processing. This solution is modular and can be adapted and tailored to suit the individual needs of the user.
By bringing full control of the work-flow and quality back to the photographer, it allows for a speedy yet professional output with enhanced creativity. Gemini 3 enables users to obtain a faster turnaround and higher output rate and consequently increase revenue. Epson continues to offer this solution on a favourable leasing programme. This includes training and installation and it is estimated that users of Gemini 3 can have the solution fully up and running within 48 hours.
Kevin Wooldridge, Graphics Sales and Marketing Manager, Epson, said: Gemini 3 gives photographers the chance to control their whole work-flow process, from beginning to end the user has complete control. The photographer can edit, crop, enhance and optimise the image with no need for additional application software. Images are then transferred in a matter of seconds to the Gemini 3 server for immediate printing.
He added: Gemini 3 cuts out lab costs and delays allowing the photographer to encourage the client to make purchasing decisions when they are most receptive during their time in the studio. Decisions to purchase and delivery of prints can be achieved in real time. Coupled with a range of media including canvas and fine art, the opportunity to sell up can be exploited. Owing to the stepped click charges the higher the output volume, the lower the print cost. By leasing the Gemini 3 all-in-one solution the photographer is able to optimise studio work space and drastically lower the cost of ownership.
Epson ProPortrait Gemini 3 key features summary:
1) Complete in-house photo printing solution
2) Incorporates Epson UltraChrome K3 ink enabling a wider range of media to be used, with images lasting up to 100 years
3) Modular solution, tailored to the individual needs of the user
4) Stylus Pro 4800 included as standard in package allowing users to print up to A2, with upgrade options available for up to 44 printers
5) Leasing programme allowing user to pay for what they use, no hidden costs
6) Zero Wastage through a credit facility for reject prints
Epson UltraChrome K3 ink key features summary:
1) 3 black inks deliver the most advanced black & white digital photographic results to date
2) Wide colour gamut resulting in accurate reproduction of skin tones
3) Prints look good in any lighting condition
4) Outstanding durability, with a lifespan of up to 75 years in colour and over 100 years in black & white
Epson Stylus Pro 4800 features summary:
1) Flexible media handling from A4 through to A2 with roll and sheet feed capability
2) Incorporates Epson Micro Piezo technology and Epsons Variable-sized Droplet Technology for high definition results