The Master Photographers Association’s stand at Focus on Imaging 2008 has been chosen by Epson to launch Gemini 4 - all the professional photographer needs for high quality and flexible studio printing. Epson Gemini 4 puts the photographer in charge from capture to print without leaving the studio. Incorporating powerful image enhancing and digital workflow tools, the photographer can do everything a professional photo lab can whilst adding their own distinctive creative flair.
Utilising Epson’s highly regarded Micro Piezo print head technology and UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta ink plus superior media handling and compatibility with a wide range of media up to 1.5mm thickness including glossy, matt and fine art paper, Gemini 4 will give consistent, high quality black and white and colour prints which last a lifetime, every time.
Epson Gemini 4 is far more than just a printer, the package includes a choice of large format printers, a server, powerful colour management and image manipulation software, workflow software, a touch screen for ease of operation plus an Eye One monitor calibrator for accurate colour display and a cabinet. Add to this installation, initial training, on-going technical telephone support and service back up for complete peace of mind. Ink and media is supplied free of charge, as any prints produced are charged on a pay per click basis the following month, assisting with the business’ cashflow.
Workflow productivity can be improved and turnaround time drastically reduced. Easily rotate, crop, adjust colour balance, sharpness and contrast and apply special filters such as sepia and monochrome with the Epson’s image manipulation software. Speed up the workflow by utilising the printing templates or easily create your own. Use Epson Pro Portrait Layout to quickly and efficiently print packages, contact sheets and multiple orders or use the presentation templates designed for portrait or wedding photography. Gemini 4 is so easy to use, you do not even have to worry about what media is loaded in the printer or, if the system includes more than one printer, which one to choose. It will accept the job and choose the printer that has the specified media loaded or keep the job in the queue until the selected media is available.
The choice of printer within the Epson Gemini 4 system allows a photographer to match the package to their preferred size and style of output. For cut sheet output up to A2+ choose the twin Stylus Pro 3800 option with UltraChrome K3 ink. For larger output and roll feed flexibility choose the Stylus Pro 4880 option with UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta and then extend this with one or more extra SP3800 (A2+), SP4880 (17in), SP7880 (24in) or SP9880 (44in) up to a maximum of five printers per server.
With the Epson Gemini 4 system there is no upfront financial outlay and no hidden costs, allowing a business to be in control of its expenditure. The three year lease rental package is combined with monthly pay-per-click charges, so you only pay for what you use.
Epson Gemini 4 will be demonstrated by multi-award winning wedding and portrait duo Julie Oswin AMPA and Steve Walton FMPA, FRSA on Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th February on the MPA stand (Q24). Authors of Contemporary Wedding Photography and founders of Contemporary Imaging Consultancy they run a range of courses designed to provide aspiring wedding photographers with all the skills they need to operate a successful business, including studio printing using Epson’s LFP range.
- Consistent high quality output with Epson Micro Piezo print head technology
- Superior colour and black and white prints using Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- Lightfast images up to 75 years in colour and over 100 years in black and white
- Add individual creative flair with powerful, easy to use image manipulation software
- Improve workflow and productivity with digital workflow tools and easy to use templates
- Versatile media handling up to 44in wide and 5m long with manual sheet and roll feed
- Stay in control of costs with three year lease rental/pay-per-click package
- Complete peace of mind with installation, initial training, on-going telephone technical support and service backup
- Package includes large format printer, a server, powerful colour management and image manipulation software, workflow software, a touch screen for ease of operation plus an Eye One monitor calibrator for accurate colour display, a cabinet and an initial supply of three months ink and media.
The Epson Gemini 4 printer will be available from April 2008. For more information please visit the Epson website