The Epson Perfection V200 Photo is a compact, stylish photo and film scanner designed to meet the needs of the photo enthusiast. It features a remarkable 4800dpi optical resolution with Epson Matrix CCD technology for premium image quality. A new Auto Photo Orientation feature will straighten photos, which have been inserted off-angle, on the flatbed to produce a perfectly aligned image. For added convenience a multiple scan to PDF button has been added, automatically saving documents into PDF format so they are easy to email and file. Hassle-free film scanning is delivered with the built-in transparency unit which scans six frames of 35mm stripfilm or four frames of slides at once.
With an extendable hinge and fully open lid design, the Perfection V200 Photo scans documents up to 25mm thick with the lid closed. When open fully to 180° it can copy large document formats, crucial for scanning thick textbooks with heavy spines.
The modern black and silver slim-line body of the Perfection V200 Photo includes four quick-start buttons to immediately access the power on/off, scan to PDF, scan to email and copy making the scanning process fast and convenient, from start to finish. When the power button is selected, the Perfection V200 Photo will start immediately and power down in just three seconds, eliminating unnecessary waiting time once scanning is complete. It is Energy Star compliant and features a power saving mode that is automatically activated after 14.5 minutes of inactivity or immediately under manual operation.
Also in the box is a range of software to help with image manipulation. The latest version of Epson Scan 3.1 offers up-to-the-minute photo enhancement technology including Auto Photo Orientation. It analyses the image content to detect the top direction of the image and automatically rotates itself, meaning photos don’t have to be carefully laid out on the scanner. Epson Easy Photo Fix offers colour restoration, backlight correction and improved digital dust correction to restore old or faded images and bring them back to life. Epson Creativity Suite offers a new red-eye reduction feature. In automatic mode, red-eye will reduce automatically, or if preferred users can choose the manual option. Additional software includes ArcSoft PhotoImpression 6 and ABBYY FineReader Sprint 6 Plus
Mark Robinson, Senior Product Manager, Epson UK, says, “In spite of almost all photos now being taken on digital cameras, there remains customer demand for a scanner that is affordable and offers the wide range of features and software necessary for digitising or enhancing photo collections. The Epson Perfection V200 Photo will satisfy the needs of the home or small office customer who may also want to scan important documents or letters to email. The Perfection V200 Photo is a high-quality scanner with flexibility to serve the needs of all markets. It is also fully compatible with Epson’s range of Claria Photographic Ink printers for premium quality photo prints.”
Epson Perfection V200 Photo key features:
- Stylish and slim black design
- 4800dpi optical resolution
- Superior scanning capabilities with Matrix CCD (12 line colour) scanning technology
- Flexible 2-way design for portrait or landscape scanning
- Scan thick materials easily with the extendable hinge and fully open 180° scanning
- Four quick-start buttons for fast and convenient scanning and copying
- Instant start up and power down in only three seconds
- Low power consumption and Energy Star compliant
- Scan multiple pages to PDF at the touch of a button
- Auto Photo Orientation and improved dust removal sensors for hassle-free scanning
- Epson Creativity Suite software, including red-eye reduction and ArcSoft Photo Impression 6 and ABBYY FineReader Sprint 6 Plus1
- Built-in transparency unit with film holding storage
- Scan a range of document sizes, including A4, 35mm strip film x 6 frames and 35mm slide x 4 frames
- Mac and PC compatible
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connectivity for fast plug and play