The Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner is designed to meet the needs of the advanced amateur photographer. With its compact and stylish black exterior, 6400dpi optical resolution and high compression PDF scanning, the Epson Perfection V500 Photo meets the photo and film reproduction needs for the home, office or school. It is the first Charged-Coupled Device (CCD) scanner to use white LED as a light source. It delivers fast scanning speeds with low power consumption ensuring it is Energy Star compliant. When switched on it warms up within one second, meaning virtually no waiting time to start using the scanner.
The Epson Perfection V500 Photo features a built-in transparency unit for positive or negative film up to medium format. It scans 12 frames of 35mm filmstrip, four frames of mounted 35mm slides or 1 frame of 6x12cm medium format film at once, ideal for preserving old family images.
Four easy access buttons are located on the front of the scanner to initiate scan to application, scan to PDF, scan to email and copy. They offer a quick and easy way to scan an image without the need to access settings on the computer. The scan to PDF function allows an image or multiple pages to be scanned and automatically saved to a specified PDF file, while the scan to email button allows documents or images to be copied and sent anywhere in the world at the touch of a button.
Software provided with the Perfection V500 Photo includes the new Epson Scan 3.2 and Epson Creativity Suite. Epson Scan is designed to make scanning easy with its automatic mode and home mode. The needs of the advanced user are addressed with the professional mode. Epson Scan 3.2 offers high compression multi-page PDF scanning and allows ICC profiles to be embedded into the scanned files. Colour reproduction for negative scanning delivers superior image quality in critical or mixed lighting conditions. It also offers an advanced backlight correction to improve the overall visibility in the image. Digital ICE Technology ensures dust and scratches are completely removed from colour films, creating high-quality results.
Additional software includes Adobe PhotoShop Elements 4 (PC) and 3 (Mac) and ABBYY FineReader Sprint 6 Plus1 An optional Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) is available for small offices that wish to use the Perfection V500 Photo for higher volumes of document scanning.
Mark Robinson, Senior Product Manager says, “The Epson ReadyScan LED Technology allows a virtually instant start-up for maximised productivity. There is no need to wait. Just switch on and get to work straight away. In addition to its stylish appearance, the Perfection V500 Photo is also designed to ensure it has low power consumption and is Energy Star compliant.”
Epson Perfection V500 key features summary:
- Epson ReadyScan LED Technology for low power consumption and virtually instant start-up
- Scan a range of document sizes, including A4, 35mm strip film x 6 frames, 35mm slide x 4 frames as well as one frame of 6x12cm medium format film
- Digital ICE Technology for removing dust and scratches from films
- Auto Photo Orientation and improved colour reproduction for hassle-free scanning
- 6400 dpi optical resolution and 3.4 optical density
- Full software package: Epson Scan 3.2, Epson Creativity Suite, Digital ICE, Adobe Elements 4 (PC) and 3(Mac) and ABBYY FineReader Sprint 6 Plus1
- Mac and PC compatible to match all user needs
- Four easy push buttons for fast and convenient scanning and copying, incl. high compression PDF scanning
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connectivity for fast plug and play
- Energy Star compliant to reduce energy consumption