Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Epson Launch Perfection V550 Film Scanner - Epson is to launch a new film scanner that automatically repairs damaged film.
Featuring Digital ICE Technology, that removes dust and scratches from damaged film, the Perfection V550 Photo is the ideal photo scanner for photo enthusiasts who want to enhance their photo collection.
With a 6,400dpi resolution, an optical density of 3.4 Dmax and built-in transparency unit, this photo scanner can easily scan a wide range of media – from standard photographs, newspapers and A2-sized posters to filmstrips, mounted slides and medium format film – with fast, high quality results.
Epson Perfection V550 Key Features:
- Capture every detail with Epson Matrix CCD technology and 6,400dpi optical resolution.
- Scan almost instantly with fast, energy efficient Epson ReadyScan LED Technology.
- Scan positive and negative 35mm film strips and slides, as well as medium format film with built-in transparency unit.
- Digital ICE® Technology automatically repairs damaged film by removing dust, imperfections, scratches and fingerprints.
- Scan directly to cloud storage and photo sharing websites to archive and share photos online with Epson Easy Photo Scan software.
- Restore colour, adjust backlight, and remove the appearance of dust on photos with Epson Easy Photo Fix software.
- ArcSoft® Scan 'n' Stitch Deluxe™ software for scanning oversized originals up to A2.
- 4 one-touch buttons – Start, Copy, Scan to email, scan to PDF.
- Reduce energy bills and impact on the environment due to low power consumption.
- ENERGY STAR compliant.
- Easily edit scanned text with Optical Character Recognition software.