The Stylus Photo RX520 is designed to meet the requirements of new digital camera users who want high quality output combined with ease-of-use and value for money. The Epson Stylus RX520 is the only device in its class to offer an integrated Transparency Unit for film scanning, meaning that precious photographs stored on film can be printed or archived digitally.
The RX520 incorporates a number of exciting new features, including a colour LCD display allowing users to navigate quickly and easily through its many functions via a user-friendly icon-led interface. The LCD screen also allows users to preview their images before committing to a print.
The RX520 allows direct photo printing from memory cards, 35mm negative or positive film or slides and from Pictbridge and USB Direct Print enabled digital cameras - all of which means that there is no need to connect to a computer. Users do not have to wait long to see the results either, as each borderless photo can be created in less than a minute.
With a market-leading resolution of up to 5760 optimised dpi and a minimum droplet size of 2pl photo lab quality images are guaranteed. The Epson Stylus Photo RX520 also incorporates new PhotoEnhance technology, which automatically detects the type of image to be printed and retouches for optimal results.
Epson Stylus Photo RX520 also features 1200 x 2400 dpi scanner and integrated transparency unit for scanning from slides and film at up to 2400 dpi. This makes it the perfect solution if you want to archive your old analogue images without being a PC expert or going to a photo lab. And with its photo restoration function your faded or damaged photographs and films can be restored to their former glory without even the need for a computer. Dedicated paper size buttons on the control panel make it simple for the user to enlarge their images.
As well as offering both quality and ease of use, the RX520 is very economical to run. The device uses four individual ink cartridges so you only need to replace the colour that has run out, allowing you to spread the cost of replacement ink. And from just 6.61 per cartridge, the Epson Stylus Photo RX520 makes printing more affordable.
Richard Baylis, Consumer Sales and Marketing Manager at Epson, said: Epson is delighted to present the Epson Stylus Photo RX520. Designed to cater for all new digital camera users needs, the Stylus Photo RX520 offers photo-lab quality printing, scanning and copying, is easy to use without a computer and is economical to run.
Epson Stylus Photo RX520 key features summary:
1) Preview photos on the 1.5 built-in colour LCD preview monitor
2) Create photo-lab quality borderless photos in less than a minute
3) High quality photo printing at up to 5760 dpi resolution and 2pl minimum droplet size
4) Replace only the colour that has run out thanks to the 4 individual ink cartridges
5) Print photos economically using Epson Photo Pack
6) Scan and copy photos with the 1200 x 2400 dpi scanner and transparency unit for film scanning at 2400 dpi
7) No computer necessary, print photos directly from:
- 35mm negative or positive film
- the integrated memory card reader
- PictBridge or USB Direct Print compatible digital cameras
8) Restore faded photos and remove dust from negatives with colour restoration and dust removal features
9) Epson Creativity Suite software for easy photo printing