Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Prestigious award for Epson - The Epson Stylus Pro 11880 has won the EDP award for Best Photographic Printer of the Year 2008.
For the second consecutive year, Epson have won the prestigious EDP award 2008 for the Best Photographic Printer of the Year, with the Epson Stylus Pro 11880. The award comes as Epson celebrates 40 years at the forefront of electronic printer development. EDP is the first association of digital graphic press publishers to acknowledge the value of the industry’s innovation for the professional graphic arts market.
Barbara Kuhr, Head of Strategic Marketing at Epson Europe, commented: “In the year that Epson is celebrating 40 years of printing technology, the EDP has recognised Epson’s ongoing innovations with the award for Best Photographic Printer of the Year 2008. This award demonstrates that the values placed on innovation and quality at Epson’s inception still hold true today and bring benefits to the graphic arts market in terms of creating high-quality photo printers that deliver industry-leading results.”
Kuhr continued: “Epson are delighted to have received the award and will continue to invest in research and development to maximise product potential for the future.”
The EDP Association is made up of the publishers of leading European magazines devoted to digital printing and associated products. These publications cover more than 15 European countries with a combined circulation of approximately 120,000 and a readership exceeding 240,000 graphic arts professionals. The EDP awards identify and reward products that represent quality and innovation to enable the graphic arts community to identify the best products in the industry.
“The decision to award Epson the Best Photographic Printer of the Year accolade is based on Epson’s new wide format standard, its new formulation of magenta pigments, its colour stability immediately after printing, its capability of handling nine separate ink channels and superior connectivity,” commented the EDP panel.
Epson Stylus Pro 11880 key features summary:
- Professional paper handling up to 64in wide
- Consistent output with Epson Micro Piezo TFP Print Head Technology
- High-density Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- Standard USB 2.0, and Gigabit Ethernet
- Flexible paper handling with roll or cut-sheet media from A3 / tabloid up to 64in wide BorderFree roll printing from 10in up to 64in wide
- Accepts media up to 1.5 mm thick poster board
- Productive printing with built-in automatic media cutting system and take-up reel system
- Record information about paper with media bar code tracking and identification system
- Superior image processing with Epson Super-Halftone Screening Technology
- Easy to use and maintain with Auto Ink Droplet Detection System
- High-quality printing with maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi
- Nine individual high-capacity ink cartridges – 700 ml
- Automatically change from photo black to matte black
- Pressurized ink cartridge technology
- High-performance print engine speeds
- Large 2.5in back lit LCD control panel
- Ink status LED system
- MyEpson Printer network compatible
For more information on the Epson Stylus Pro 11880, please visit the Epson website.